Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFL Pay dispute

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Pay dispute

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    As I said generally not an issue (wasn't last time around), but given how stubborn Baillieu and Ryan are being on money, watch this space.

Don't get me started on not being back-paid for overtime, penalty rates and allowances.
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/st...024-1mgeb.html

Looks like a good result for you guys in the end (Though i note no back pay! )

Post Thanks / Like

Nick's shout next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pembleton View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/st...024-1mgeb.html

Looks like a good result for you guys in the end (Though i note no back pay! )
    We get a $1000 bonus just before Christmas in lieu of backpay. The more junior you are, the better off you are.

Works for me because I've only been in the job 2 years.

The 4.7% a year over 4 is a very good result and will put the governent on the back foot when they go to negotiate with nurses, teachers and Public Servants.

I have a funny feeling the government shat itself when we stopped writing tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    We get a $1000 bonus just before Christmas in lieu of backpay. The more junior you are, the better off you are.

Works for me because I've only been in the job 2 years.

The 4.7% a year over 4 is a very good result and will put the governent on the back foot when they go to negotiate with nurses, teachers and Public Servants.

I have a funny feeling the government shat itself when we stopped writing tickets.
    Apparently if you add up all the claims from nurses, teachers and Public Servants, plus the Police the Government would have to find $21 billion, so you better start writing some tickets
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Or just install more speed cameras.
    Funny how they were revenue raisers 12 months ago , now there safety devices!
    Anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently if you add up all the claims from nurses, teachers and Public Servants, plus the Police the Government would have to find $21 billion, so you better start writing some tickets
    Well he did promise it all prior to being elected

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Well he did promise it all prior to being elected
    and got elected on that basis, pretty poor form.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    and got elected on that basis, pretty poor form.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if the Coalition ever thought they'd actually win the election. They promised the world and they've left themselves a big task if they're to do it all.

The Police academy is bursting at the seams as it is with all the new Police that were promised, and it will only get worse when they start training the new train station PSOs.

Post Thanks / Like

There may be a bit of loose change to throw around if they told Bernie Ecclestone to shove it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    There may be a bit of loose change to throw around if they told Bernie Ecclestone to shove it.
    The hole to the budget of pending pay increases etc. will be around the $20 BILLION mark, the Grand Prix costs us in the order of $20-40 million (this figure is disputed -- some claim that it brings more than that in, in intangibles, but no one's really costed it other than some vague 'branding' valuations); it's chump change compared to the figures we're talking about.

Having said that I could happily live without the F1.