Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

darren jolly - good fit?

If it's true that darren jolly is wanting to come back to melbourne, i think that we should definetly consider giving something reasonably good up for him. He wins alot of tapouts , gets enough of the ball and proved this year that he can push forward and become dangerous. Would you like to see him in the red, white and blue or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: darren jolly - good fit?

I'd rather go for Cam Wood. Not as good a player now but I expect will be a much better player in due course. He would also start hitting his peak at the same time as Cooney, Griffen, Williams and co.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, thats a very good point, and he does look good hey!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I'd rather go for Cam Wood. Not as good a player now but I expect will be a much better player in due course. He would also start hitting his peak at the same time as Cooney, Griffen, Williams and co.
    I'm with you on this Doc.

What would be needed to facilitate a trade, bearing in mind he'll probably have a number of clubs courting him, so Brisbane will be out to get the best possible deal.

Post Thanks / Like

who do you think brisbane or sydney would have in mind that is on our list? who would you think would be a fair trade for cam wood ?

Post Thanks / Like

sam power plus second round pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    sam power plus second round pick
    I wont be rude (that's for BF), but if I was Brisbane I'd laugh at that.

It would need someone like Giansiracusa as a player with the 2nd round pick.

Post Thanks / Like

how good is wood? if he was a gun, brisbane wouldnt give him away. cant afford to let gia go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    who do you think brisbane or sydney would have in mind that is on our list? who would you think would be a fair trade for cam wood ?

I personally think that a fair trade would be if they just handed him over to us without making a fuss.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    how good is wood? if he was a gun, brisbane wouldnt give him away. cant afford to let gia go.

Why? What would the team be losing if we did.

Post Thanks / Like

We would lose a good leaderr and established player with plenty of improvement left in him. If i was Eade and i was offered wood for gia i would laugh at them.

Post Thanks / Like

We would lose a good leaderr and established player with plenty of improvement left in him. If i was Eade and i was offered wood for gia i would laugh at them.

He doesnt have any tools that half a dozen other players in our team dont already have and his downside is considerable. He is a player we could lose that wouldnt have a huge impact on our overall performance.

But he could fill a role at a club that is light on for skilled runners and gain us a player that could solve a lot of our problems. I reckon we'd be mad not to look at trading Gia.

Post Thanks / Like

What we'd lose with Gia is something that could be replaced from within.
    What we'd gain from Wood in the next couple of years is harder to find and isn't currently on our list. Don't be surprised if a couple of established players are on the table. Think there's a chance Eade might do one trade which sends the rest of the team a message.

As for Jolly, too expensive as far as what we'd have to give up and I personally think he's reasonably overrated. I'd prefer a shot at Wood.

Post Thanks / Like

id rather wood as well, and if we had to trade gia to do it i would be all 4 it.