Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Charles Sutton Medal 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    We're like the uncool kid with low self-esteem, if we're really nice and supportive to our ex-girlfriend that ran off with the tosser with a Ferrari, maybe, just maybe, some day if it doesn't work out she may come back to us.
    In the movies where this happened the kid with low self-esteem always ended up with a better girl anyway.

Well done to Boydy and Libba. Wish Murph had of pulled through to win but great season by him anyway.

To anyone who went any word on assistant coach and list manager appointments?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    We're like the uncool kid with low self-esteem, if we're really nice and supportive to our ex-girlfriend that ran off with the tosser with a Ferrari, maybe, just maybe, some day if it doesn't work out she may come back to us.
    Good analogy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Also declared that the three things he won't miss about footy are ice baths, Lindsay Gilber's darts (and the occasional follow-through) and the smell of cream that the People's Beard used for his testicular rash. Certainly didn't expect that.

Had a great night. BMac and Boydy both spoke of the culture they look forward to creating. BMac spoke of how he wants to make the club a place people want to come to, and stay at.

I wished Callan when I ran into him at the end. Whilst I am shattered that he is no longer a Bulldog, I greatly respect the way he plays his football, and I wish him all the best as a footballer. My brother and I actually play with one sock up and one sock down because of Cal (and the Beard), and I felt quite proud of our supporters for not booing him. As GvgJr said though, that wasn't what the night was about anyway.

I was hoping for a Bob Murphy victory which wasn't to be, but I was mightily impressed with the way both he and Boydy spoke. As well as Crossy, Dale and Mitch Hahn. To hear these blokes talk about the club I love in a way that shows how much they also love the club, makes me very happy that they are leading us.

Congratulations to Boydy, and bring on 2012.
    How did Macca come across as a person and speaker?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I wished Callan when I ran into him at the end.
    Hoping it was with your car.

My brother and I actually play with one sock up and one sock down because of Cal (and the Beard),.
    Do you use the same rash cream that the People's Beard use's.

I felt quite proud of our supporters for not booing him.
    Agree with not booing, but not sure I would have wished him luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Boydy! Now to contain myself from making spiteful comments about Ward...
    HAHAHAHAh at Bazzas speech. And I feel relieved he knocked back GWS. Suck it, Sheedy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done to Boydy.

Surprised Griff didn't poll more votes, I know he had a quiet patch, but his year was very good.

Thanks for all the reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Boydy. If half our players had your heart and determination we'd be a lot better off.

Happy to see Bob up there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Libba get some recognition for the year he had, thought he was very stiff to miss out on a rising star nomination.

Boyd well deserved, would have loved to see Bobby win it but both had very good years.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    How did Macca come across as a person and speaker?
    He was very relaxed when addressing the room. From his first press conference, I had expected an ultra-professional kind of display, but he was attempting to crack jokes, smiling and laughing. When talking about his plans he was serious though, and came across well.

Mentioned that they had a team meeting this morning, said something about Clipper ringing a bell to get things started. No idea what he was talking about.

Re: Callan, as i said I respect him as a footballer and therefore hope that he personally does well. I hope GWS continue to be the giant turd that we expect them to be.

All the boys seemed genuinely enthused about having BMac on board. He spoke of playing an attractive brand of football that is hard to play against.

I was hoping to speak to him at some stage, but he's a fairly generic.looking guy so I didn't spot him out.

It was stated that there would be more coaching appointments soon, nothing more specific than that.

Post Thanks / Like

He was very relaxed when addressing the room. From his first press conference, I had expected an ultra-professional kind of display, but he was attempting to crack jokes, smiling and laughing. When talking about his plans he was serious though, and came across well.

Mentioned that they had a team meeting this morning, said something about Clipper ringing a bell to get things started. No idea what he was talking about.

Re: Callan, as i said I respect him as a footballer and therefore hope that he personally does well. I hope GWS continue to be the giant turd that we expect them to be.

All the boys seemed genuinely enthused about having BMac on board. He spoke of playing an attractive brand of football that is hard to play against.

I was hoping to speak to him at some stage, but he's a fairly generic.looking guy so I didn't spot him out.

It was stated that there would be more coaching appointments soon, nothing more specific than that.
    For years I believe they had a bell someone rang to start training, it was written up a couple of years ago it didnt need to be used anymore, must be bringing it back or jokingly said he would.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

"Clipper" was a reference to Mark Kimpton, WB Team Manager. Unfortunately the Coach stuffed up / misinterpreted his nickname a number of times through his speach which became a bit of a joke with the players and his colleagues as the night went on. His nickname is actually "Klippo" although I would imagine it's "Clipper" from this point on .

Was fortunate enough to have a chat with Brendan. He's engaging with a no BS approach, that is, he doesn't mix his words and is reasonably open with his opinions. I get the impression he wont play any favourites and will only value those who are prepared to work their butts off, who equally are the real deal in their values and work ethic. I'm suspecting he will bring a hard edge, no nonsense approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Was fortunate enough to have a chat with Brendan. He's engaging with a no BS approach, that is, he doesn't mix his words and is reasonably open with his opinions. I get the impression he wont play any favourites and will only value those who are prepared to work their butts off, who equally are the real deal in their values and work ethic. I'm suspecting he will bring a hard edge, no nonsense approach.[/QUOTE]

Did you fill him in on his WOOF contract?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Boydy, well deserved

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Did you fill him in on his WOOF contract?
    Not yet. His nose was scaring the bejesus out of me.

On another point. Garlick mentioned that another phase of 'Bulldoze the Debt' will soon be launched. Apparently they will be selling off seats in the 'Whitten Stand'. He said to stay tuned.

Oh and one for the conspiracy theorists. Cal Ward and Sam Reid sat next to each other on the night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    On another point. Garlick mentioned that another phase of 'Bulldoze the Debt' will soon be launched. Apparently they will be selling off seats in the 'Whitten Stand'. He said to stay tuned.
    They've been doing that for a few months so I'm not sure how it's a new phase???