Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lions' lifeline for Hudson

A MONTH after retiring, Western Bulldogs ruckman Ben Hudson could yet remain an AFL footballer, with the Brisbane Lions surprisingly offering the veteran a lifeline.

Hudson had intended to move home to Queensland and play for Southport on the Gold Coast next year, but the Lions have spoken to him about playing on for one more year.

The 32-year-old veteran remains on the Bulldogs' list and they would trade with the Lions for a late pick - possibly in the 50s - to help the popular ruck continue his AFL career.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...009-1lfsz.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lions' lifeline for Hudson

"The Bulldogs looked to be in the strongest position, potentially trading their first-round draft pick along with the Callan Ward concession pick in the deal, but only if they also got another early draft pick back."

So, ward pick + 17 for Crouch and pick 25.

What would Crouch offer us? Is he the other standout of the kids?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    "The Bulldogs looked to be in the strongest position, potentially trading their first-round draft pick along with the Callan Ward concession pick in the deal, but only if they also got another early draft pick back."

So, ward pick + 17 for Crouch and pick 25.

What would Crouch offer us? Is he the other standout of the kids?
    He's apparently the second best 17 year old in the country.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He's apparently the second best 17 year old in the country.
    And quality is always good but does he also fill any specific needs we have? If he offers speed and foot skills then fantastic. If he's more of an inside mid that would be a bit less useful.

Post Thanks / Like

The Beard in another jumper - NOOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And quality is always good but does he also fill any specific needs we have? If he offers speed and foot skills then fantastic. If he's more of an inside mid that would be a bit less useful.
    I read this the other day in The Age. Aside from this throw away comment, the thing that stuck with me was his determination and obsessive drive to play AFL footy. He is a really hard worker, the crucial ingredient required to get the best out of this obviously talented young footballer. He has been called Cooney Mk II by Luke Darcy.

A fast, powerful midfielder from Ballarat, he is not considered too far behind O'Meara in the pecking order
    Source: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1aKDTDEKZ
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    The Beard in another jumper - NOOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn't so.....
    Already happened. Huddo was a Croweater, remember?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I read this the other day in The Age. Aside from this throw away comment, the thing that stuck with me was his determination and obsessive drive to play AFL footy. He is a really hard worker, the crucial ingredient required to get the best out of this obviously talented young footballer. He has been called Cooney Mk II by Luke Darcy.

I played Cricket briefly with Crouch, fantastic athlete and could easily have a succesful cricket career.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

He better watch his knees then...

Post Thanks / Like

the Beard goes with my blessing

Bring on Crouch

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Lions' lifeline for Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    the Beard goes with my blessing

Bring on Crouch
    Agree Crouch sounds good and if we get something for the peoples Beard all good.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit shocked if this is true. Not surprised by anything now though, makes you wonder about Voss. I thought the Beard looked cooked last season!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he will throw a lifeline to Mitch as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be extremely happy with Crouch and that deal.

Crouch is a potential A grader and a probable top 5 - 10 pick next year. He's better known as an inside midfielder, but he can play on the outside really well. His ball use is elite and he would compliment Libba and Wallis nicely. He played on the half back line in the U18 championships and was All Australian (and in the TAC cup), so he is versatile enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Bit shocked if this is true. Not surprised by anything now though, makes you wonder about Voss. I thought the Beard looked cooked last season!
    Last season meaning the 2011 season? Because in 2010 he was in the top 5 rucks in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    I'd be extremely happy with Crouch and that deal.

Crouch is a potential A grader and a probable top 5 - 10 pick next year. He's better known as an inside midfielder, but he can play on the outside really well. His ball use is elite and he would compliment Libba and Wallis nicely. He played on the half back line in the U18 championships and was All Australian (and in the TAC cup), so he is versatile enough.
    I don't know much about him but from his highlights he looks a bit like Mitch Wallis with a more penetrating kick. Is that how you'd characterize him or does he have a turn of pace about him too?