Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney to sound out Dean Laidley for Whitten Ov

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I agree. I think it is high time we started looking in our own kennel! The Bulldogs have been too quick to dismiss its own in the past for example, Royal, Cameron, Liberatore and Hawkins. Geelong and Collingwood set the example of how to develop their own. You only need to look at the Cats recent support staff to get a handle on their approach. Similarly Malthouse has encouraged the likes of Guy McKenna and now Scott Watters in their coaching development.
    In the words of one of our former greats from the Bulldogs Team of the Century we should be looking at the likes of Scott West a 7 times best and fairest winner. We do not honor our former champions in the same way as a Buckley, Hird or Voss. West should be a great mentor and coach to the likes of our younger brigade such as Liberatore, Wallis, Tutt, Schofield and Veszpremi. Under the leadership of McCartney it should be a great combination.
    I would be interested in your thoughts?
    I don't get your point, none of Neeld, Watters or McKenna were Collingwood players and Buckley only got brought on board because they were shit scared he'd go somewhere else. Sanderson and Hinkley were former Cats players but had to go somewhere else to be a senior coach or further themselves. We've regularly had former Dogs as assistants and Wallace was a former player. I don't see us being any different to any other club.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney to sound out Dean Laidley for Whitten Ov

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Spot on. To take that list with no money to a prelim final was a magic trick.
    Have yet to meet a Norf fan who will defend him. suspect it's more about his demeanor at family days than what he was able to do on the field.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus