Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Who gets delisted?

Now that trade week has concluded, who gets delisted?

For me Mulligan would, but I understand he's contracted, likewise Hooper, so they gain a reprieve.

I'd elevate both Dahlhaus & Panos.

I'd delist Addison & Prato.

So, how does that pan out?

Off: Reid, Hill, Hudson, Hall, Hahn, Addison & Prato.

On: Panos, Dahlhaus & draftees.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who gets delisted?

For mine I'd take the hit and delist Mulligan and Hooper. Being out of contract, Addison and Stack are no brainers.

With Ward, Hudson, Hill and Hall gone that means eight new players required. Dahlhaus already elevated, and Panos deserving due to good VFL form and doing everything asked of him. Barlow stays on rookie list. Six new inclusions. That's enough for this year I reckon, with the view to another 7 or so next year.

I'm done with sentimentality. Let's get them young, train them right and build our own premiership team. If they're not going to get us there, get rid of them. Harsh, but I'm tired of missing out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd give Stack another year. I think he actually could be a capable AFL player, and is still suffering from confidence issues. Whether or not he achieves what i think he can remains to be seen, but worst case scenario is his spot opens up pick 83 next year instead of pick 83 this year.

Addison however is gone, so I'd have my outs reading as:

Out: Ward, Hudson, Hall, Reid, Hill, Addison, Prato (rookie), Hahn (rookie)

In: Dahlhaus, Panos, draftees.

Therefore the same as TCD
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Excluding the players traded out and retired

Main list- Addison, Stack

Rookies- Prato, Hahn

Promote Dahlhaus and Panos.

That leaves 5 draft selections and 4 rookie selections.

Mulligan and Hooper need to go, but I'd cut deeper next year in an umcompromised draft and use our compensation picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Rookies- Prato, Hahn

Mulligan and Hooper need to go, but I'd cut deeper next year in an umcompromised draft and use our compensation picks.
    Would you leave Barlow as a Rookie ie for one of the 4?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Would you leave Barlow as a Rookie ie for one of the 4?
    Yep, I'd keep him and Johannissen on the rookie list.

Post Thanks / Like

My take would be

Out: Ward, Hall, Reid, Hudson, Hill, Skinner (Prato and Hahn from rookie list)

Upgrade: Panos, Dalhaus

that would give us 4 picks, 17, 39, 49 & 57

-----------------------------------------------------

If any of Gilbee, Hooper and Mulligan are uncontracted then they go too and we use any remaining picks for the ND or PSD.

One more chance for Addison & Stack.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were up to me

Out: Ward, Hall, Reid, Hudson, Hill, Hooper, Mulligan.
    Yes i am aware that the last two are contracted but i don't believe they do or will offer us anything, they would be on minimum wage or close to it and we have room to move in the salary cap so it won't affect us there paying them out.

I would offer both Stack and Addison a one year contract, take it or leave it, if one or both leave, Hooper and/or Mulligan see out their contract before delisting.

that would give us 4 picks, 17, 39, 49, 57 & 70

Barlow and Johannson(sp?) retained on rookie list
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    My take would be

Out: Ward, Hall, Reid, Hudson, Hill, Skinner (Prato and Hahn from rookie list)

that would give us 4 picks, 17, 39, 49 & 57

If any of Gilbee, Hooper and Mulligan are uncontracted then they go too and we use any remaining picks for the ND or PSD.

One more chance for Addison & Stack.
    This sounds sensible and gives us on top of Panos and Dahlhaus another 4 fresh players, plus Tom Hill hasn't debuted, and still having ND and PSD for more possibles.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post

Rookies- Prato, Hahn

If true that Stack wants to go this is how I would go too. This gives us a good number (9) of new players to the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Hudson, Hall, Reid, Ward, Hill, Hahn, Prato & Stack
    Upgrade: Panos & Dollhouse

Leave us with 4 picks and next year cut deeper with Gilbee & Shaggy retiring, Hooper, Addison, Mulligan delisted with possibly Skinner & Moles to join them.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Hudson, Hall, Ward, Reid, Hill, Hahn, Prato, Addison, Stack, Barlow and Mulligan.

There is no value whatsoever in hanging onto any of them, they are not going to improve over the next 12 months. We are better of getting a look at some kids who at least have the potential to be something, rather than those who do not.

Upgrage of Panos (he is worth a roll of the dice) and Dollhouse is a lock in.

Johan is a coin toss, he really didnt set the world on fire, but has shown glimpses. (so hang onto him.
    Whilst Barlow is great cover, I would rather us be giving a kid a game, as opposed to someone who we have already seen the best of.

11 changes, that's probably too many, but I do not see the value in holding onto turnips.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, Skinner fell out pretty quickly. Unless he's massively homesick why delist him? He's only been here for one season. I think he's shown plenty this season for his relative draft position, besides, he's still got a year left at least. DA, Mulligan, Hooper and Stack have had their go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Geez, Skinner fell out pretty quickly. Unless he's massively homesick why delist him? He's only been here for one season. I think he's shown plenty this season for his relative draft position, besides, he's still got a year left at least. DA, Mulligan, Hooper and Stack have had their go.
    It was always going to be very tough for him this year.
    That showed with some reasonable form early in the year before tailoring off as winter came. I think he also had to go home a couple of times as well, might need to confirm that.

If he's refreshed after a break he may be a more mature person next year and his football may also improve.

Certainly not worth delisting him just yet.

Prato hasn't shown anything, Addison should go, and i would look at promoting Panos, Barlow and Dahlhaus. I can't see us drafting too many players this year, especially with those late picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Hall, Hudson, Ward, Reid, Hill

Delist: Addison or Stack - depends what Macca thinks he can get out of them. Hooper if we afford it.

In: Dahlhaus, Barlow (for depth)

Rookie: Panos and Johannissen

Skinner also hurt his knee towards the end of the year. Missed a couple of weeks, brought back into Willy via the two's. I think he played one reserves game then was back in the one's, but may have only played one final (?). Doesn't quite read the play well enough yet but is worth another go around.

Prato hasn't really shown anything. Panos showed that he could play forward and back - only saw one match of his in the backline and it wasn't too bad, would look at another rookie year, he's still young and developing.

Johannissen started showing a bit towards the end of the year, managed to break into Willy's ones and retain his spot.

Hooper just doesn't offer enough. He's quick, but then are a couple of the 1-2 yr players (plus Sherman) so I don't see him having a role to play - pity he is still contracted.

Always feel sorry of Addison, is such a hard worker and versatile but just doesn't have it to go at AFL level. How is it we end up with so many players who are superstars at VFL level but do diddly squat in the AFL. May be worth keeping for depth.

Stack has confidence issues. Generally that's not something that can be fixed. But he offers a bit as a back flanker - when his disposel is up, or as a forward. With moving Hill on he may have a position there.

As for Mulligan - someone at the club must have seen something. You don't give a guy 3 years because he's tall and and built.... if he's contracted may as well keep him and see what happens.