Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who gets delisted?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Is Stack 26?

Wow. Thought he was about 23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Shows you how long he has been there and not really achieved much.

His time was up, good luck to him in the future though.
    Stack is only 23, 24 next year. Born 1988.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Shows you how long he has been there and not really achieved much.

His time was up, good luck to him in the future though.
    Stack is just 23. I think the reference to 26 was about Will Minson's age
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dont you have to give two years to new signings? Maybe that is part of why we have kept some guys for one more year rather than delist, draft and not have enough spots next year for picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Is Stack 26?

Wow. Thought he was about 23.
    He is 23, born May 1988.

Post Thanks / Like

I really think we have delisted one short. I'd like to see either a 5th pick in the ND or a pick kept for the PSD.

Next year we could see a huge overhaul of the list with the following players (at this stage) under the pump for next year;

* Hooper, Skinner, Mulligan, Moles, Addison, Gilbee, Hargrave

7 in total and possibly several more could join them. That would be too many for one draft.

Even if all our players are now contracted I still think we could let one drop off the main list and we could rookie them with our last pick in that draft. I doubt anyone would draft Hooper or mulligan for instance so what have we to lose?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor;248709[B
    ]I really think we have delisted one short[/B]. I'd like to see either a 5th pick in the ND or a pick kept for the PSD.

Next year we could see a huge overhaul of the list with the following players (at this stage) under the pump for next year;

7 in total and possibly several more could join them. That would be too many for one draft.

Even if all our players are now contracted I still think we could let one drop off the main list and we could rookie them with our last pick in that draft. I doubt anyone would draft Hooper or mulligan for instance so what have we to lose?
    I think we are still a couple short.
    Mulligan should have been a certainty to go and DFA should consider himself very lucky.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I really think we have delisted one short. I'd like to see either a 5th pick in the ND or a pick kept for the PSD.

Good call all round Doc. I guess the compromised draft is a consideration for us retaining players this year plus having a couple of additional selections next year as well but I'd be more than happy to go a little harder at it again this year. There still might be another delisiting or retirement but it's probably unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Dont you have to give two years to new signings? Maybe that is part of why we have kept some guys for one more year rather than delist, draft and not have enough spots next year for picks.
    Thorne was only given 1 year so I don't think that rule applies.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an age clause with the rule Mantis? I am sure I read about minimum two years somewhere.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Why too much? 5 picks goes to round 5 this year.

7 picks would go out to round 5 next year because we have two 1st rounders and 2 3rd rounders. And its a deeper draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there an age clause with the rule Mantis? I am sure I read about minimum two years somewhere.......
    Depends how old they are

If they are under 21 ( i think that is the age) then they get 2 years mature aged players can be given a 1 year contract.

Thorne was 23 i think

Post Thanks / Like

Getting drafted in the ND guarantees you a 2-year contract, but not neccesarily 2 years on the list (i.e: Tom Lee at Adelaide); it's the club's prerogative on whether or not to keep players on for the full two years or pay out their contract if they feel they totally aren't up to it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Depends how old they are

If they are under 21 ( i think that is the age) then they get 2 years mature aged players can be given a 1 year contract.

Thorne was 23 i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Getting drafted in the ND guarantees you a 2-year contract, but not neccesarily 2 years on the list (i.e: Tom Lee at Adelaide); it's the club's prerogative on whether or not to keep players on for the full two years or pay out their contract if they feel they totally aren't up to it.
    I understand the rule as WOW has said it above. It is age dependent or if you have nominated for the draft previously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    ... and DFA should consider himself very lucky.
    Lots of people are saying this and its not that I disagree with you KT but geez the guy had a tough run last year. Played 4 games and never two in a row - clearly out of favour.

I have some hopes that Dylan can be re-invented by a new coach.

I dont blame Eade but a new coach may have a different vision of what he can contribute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Lots of people are saying this and its not that I disagree with you KT but geez the guy had a tough run last year. Played 4 games and never two in a row - clearly out of favour.

I have some hopes that Dylan can be re-invented by a new coach.

I dont blame Eade but a new coach may have a different vision of what he can contribute.
    What position do you think he could fill?
    I agree it wasn't an Eade problem and a new coach might have different idea's but I struggle to find a position or than just a depth player for him.