Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who gets delisted?

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Not only is he so short he would be exposed in the air, but for a player so short he also really lacks agility. He runs in straight lines and straight lines only.
    I'm not a fan of Hooper's but he did play most of his junior footy as a defender, and won an award for it, so in a compromised and apparently shallow draft, I'm happy to give him another year (which he's contracted for anyway), and to see if he can do anything down back. Picken isn't suited to the role down there, so can't hurt to trial another option.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I'm not a fan of Hooper's but he did play most of his junior footy as a defender, and won an award for it, so in a compromised and apparently shallow draft, I'm happy to give him another year (which he's contracted for anyway), and to see if he can do anything down back. Picken isn't suited to the role down there, so can't hurt to trial another option.
    You find many more very short players in the TAC Cup than you do at AFL level which is probably why he did well.

Who from other clubs would you be happy to see Hooper stand next too?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Out
    Hall
    Hudson
    Josh Hill
    Callan Ward
    Sam Reid

Delist
    Mulligan

In
    Matthew Panos
    Luke Dahlhaus

Rookie List
    Ed Barlow
    Jason Johannissen

4 picks in the Draft which I think is enough.
    I agree with Sockeyes view on this however, I still think we need to delist at least one more given what we might be looking at in another 12 months. I'm not sure if it should be Hooper, Addison, Moles or Gilbee but we need to cut a little deeper now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree with Sockeyes view on this however, I still think we need to delist at least one more given what we might be looking at in another 12 months. I'm not sure if it should be Hooper, Addison, Moles or Gilbee but we need to cut a little deeper now.
    I think Moles is safe, I'm pretty sure he has another year on his contract same goes with Hooper.

Addison was shopped according to some of the media outlets so he could be the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I think Moles is safe, I'm pretty sure he has another year on his contract same goes with Hooper.

Addison was shopped according to some of the media outlets so he could be the other.

There are a few considerations in determining if we cut a bit deeper but with what we are faced with again in 12 months I don't think it's worth waiting another year.

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbee's age is against him as well as his poor performance over the past two years. I would be looking at Gilbee or Addison, however, the jury is still out on Hooper and Moles as AFL footballers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbee, Moles and Hooper are all under contract. (I'm pretty sure)

Only chance out of that to part ways with is Gilbee if he retires.

I'm pretty sure Stack is out of contract as well so he's another name that could be put on the chopping block.

Post Thanks / Like

At the risk of sounding like 'tanking'. We should cut hard while we still have the live compensation pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But is only a one position player so what cover does he really add?

At least with someone like Stack or Addison they can play a number of roles.
    I realise he doesn't add much, but he's still contracted for next year and I'm hoping he proves me wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsman View Post
    I realise he doesn't add much, but he's still contracted for next year and I'm hoping he proves me wrong.
    I hope the coaching staff get in his ear pretty hard and demand he changes his body shape over the coming months. Matt Panos was told to lose his chunky rear end over last years pre-season, which he did, and we saw a much more versatile player this year.

If Hooper can drop a few kilo's it might help him improve his endurance and agility which will give his game a needed boost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I hope the coaching staff get in his ear pretty hard and demand he changes his body shape over the coming months. Matt Panos was told to lose his chunky rear end over last years pre-season, which he did, and we saw a much more versatile player this year.

If Hooper can drop a few kilo's it might help him improve his endurance and agility which will give his game a needed boost.
    That's Hoopers only chan ce to make it really. His body atm limits him so much that we may never see him anywhere other than a pocket, and players who are purely forward/back pockets a pretty much dead these days, if not already. Especially one's who don't regularly kick goals.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if both/either Gilbee and Hargrave intend to go on and how much that will shape the departures?
    I think we can get a more than decent season from Hargrave but I'm more skeptical about what we might get out of Gilbee. Gilbee proved in one game up forward that he's still a dangerous player with the footy in his hand but with a few other small forwards already replacing one of them won't be easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hooper has kicked six goals in six games ( 1 per game) ....thats really about par for a small forward. Some doggies supporters rated Steve Kolynuik and he kicked 198 goals in 177 games (average 1.11 per game).

He is not a world beater. However he is only 20 and rated highly by some people I have met from Ballarat area. Worth one more year to prove himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gohardorgohome View Post
    Hooper has kicked six goals in six games ( 1 per game) ....thats really about par for a small forward. Some doggies supporters rated Steve Kolynuik and he kicked 198 goals in 177 games (average 1.11 per game).

He is not a world beater. However he is only 20 and rated highly by some people I have met from Ballarat area. Worth one more year to prove himself.
    Needs to commit his body to the ball at ground level. An insane attack on the man and the ball may save his career.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if both/either Gilbee and Hargrave intend to go on and how much that will shape the departures?
    I think we can get a more than decent season from Hargrave but I'm more skeptical about what we might get out of Gilbee. Gilbee proved in one game up forward that he's still a dangerous player with the footy in his hand but with a few other small forwards already replacing one of them won't be easy.
    After his 6 goal display against Richmond I thought it was strange that he was never played in that position again, especially since he was struggling down back.