Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delists from Other Clubs - Any interest?

Tom Collier from Brisbane?

Potential rookie spot. He seems to monster his listed height/weight of 192cm / 86kg when i've seen him.

Anyone know anything about him off the field?

Post Thanks / Like

Ben Ross would be the only one of interest for me, quick and uses the pill well. Always showed glimpses of being capable at AFL level from what I've seen and is far too good for VFL level. Dogged by injuries but the potential is there.

Post Thanks / Like

Would it be worth exploring any Cats players who have retired. This is considering the cats connection with the new coach.
    Bris have done it with Huddo.
    Any takers for Cameron Mooney, Darren Milburn, Cameron Ling, Marcus Drum and Mark Blake?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Would it be worth exploring any Cats players who have retired. This is considering the cats connection with the new coach.
    Any takers for Cameron Mooney, Darren Milburn, Cameron Ling, Marcus Drum and Mark Blake?
    The only one you'd slightly consider is Cameron Mooney. Not sure how his body is. Apparently his leadership around the club even when he was out of the side was extremely impressive. Hearing him speak about Tom Hawkins during the finals series, you could just hear how proud he was of him.

What was even more impressive was that Hawkins was the player keeping Mooney out of the team.

Post Thanks / Like

No, not at all. We are going through a different phase than Brisbane and we don't need a player for just a season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No, not at all. We are going through a different phase than Brisbane and we don't need a player for just a season.
    We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development. Throw in 40 odd goals for little or no cost, worth a thought.

Possible downsides?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development.
    One year isn't going to help us though and we should already have the right sort of leaders to do the revving up anyway. He might provide some assistance to Jones and Grant but I'd prefer to get someone capable of giving us more than just one season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development. Throw in 40 odd goals for little or no cost, worth a thought.

Possible downsides?
    He takes games off Panos, Cordy, Grant, Roughead etc.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He takes games off Panos, Cordy, Grant, Roughead etc.
    Fair enough. He seems like a bit of a bogan anyway and has a serious dose of Yips.
    Still, Barry's shoes are going to be tough to fill. Good challenge. What is Big bazza up to anyway, any news?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough. He seems like a bit of a bogan anyway and has a serious dose of Yips.
    Still, Barry's shoes are going to be tough to fill. Good challenge. What is Big bazza up to anyway, any news?
    Rumour went round last week that he was going to play with Deer Park But haven't heard anything since. Gets hitched in November, I believe.
    Last edited by AndrewP6; 31-10-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: O
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know but Adam Maric from Melbourne?
    Sort of reminded me of Steve Kolyniuk, who I loved.

I remember towards the end of his career he developed a unique style of celebrating goals.

I called it the 'shark eye'.

Like a great white shark with that big black expressionless, emotionless eye.

He just went into shut down and went back to his position.

He may have baulked three guys and snapped a banana from the boundary 35 metres out and he gave the same dead shark eye response.

Tough as as well.

Perhaps a forgotten gem in bulldog history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Sort of reminded me of Steve Kolyniuk, who I loved.

I remember towards the end of his career he developed a unique style of celebrating goals.

I called it the 'shark eye'.

Like a great white shark with that big black expressionless, emotionless eye.

He just went into shut down and went back to his position.

He may have baulked three guys and snapped a banana from the boundary 35 metres out and he gave the same dead shark eye response.

Tough as as well.

Perhaps a forgotten gem in bulldog history.
    Will never be forgotten. Fantastic player.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    He would be a good get.

Don't think we have seen the best of him yet. Not sure why it hasn't worked for him at Melbourne but I think a club will get a good player with him.

Post Thanks / Like

John McCarthy delisted by Collingwood cant fit into their salary cap. If we get him, we would have 3 big Macs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    John McCarthy delisted by Collingwood cant fit into their salary cap. If we get him, we would have 3 big Macs!
    I wouldn't go near him. I understand there are some very serious off field issues involved.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!