Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Butt Smellers

No butts about it, Meat Loaf goes off

ROCK legend Meat Loaf has slammed AFL bosses as "jerks" and labelled critics of his undercooked performance at the Grand Final as "butt smellers".

In an explosive interview with The Sunday Times ahead of last night's Perth concert, the 64-year-old US singer vowed to convince other artists not to perform on the biggest day of the AFL calendar.

Meat Loaf, whose performance at the MCG was described by punters as the worst entertainment in AFL history, also warned he would take on the cyber bullies one by one who had labelled him everything from "a rissole" to "trainwrecktastic".

Rest of article and video link

He he he ... made me laugh
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Butt Smellers

Well if Meatloaf gives you career advice you better take it.

Post Thanks / Like

He played the other day somewhere and a friend went and saw him, said he was just as bad. so nothing to do with AFL
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

the kind of responses you would expect from a selfish primary school kid

Post Thanks / Like

No one expected an apologetic, gracious performer did they?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He played the other day somewhere and a friend went and saw him, said he was just as bad. so nothing to do with AFL
    The Lioness seen him several years ago on a previous tour and at the time, her girlfriend and herself agreed he was probably the worst performewr they had ever seen.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

God, I hope he does convince other old has-beens not to perform at the Grand final. Any chance of getting someone relevant(and able to put on a show) to this day and age.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    God, I hope he does convince other old has-beens not to perform at the Grand final. Any chance of getting someone relevant(and able to put on a show) to this day and age.
    Or an Australian. A mate of mine was suggesting Pete Murray's "Always a Winner" would have been the ideal song for the day.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Hunters and Collectors!!
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a stupid suggestion -- why don't we just do away with the mostly cringe-worthy curtain raiser nonsense (the cheesy middle-age choir singing the club theme songs were worse than Meatloaf by a factor of 1 million -- apologies if they were actually some charity or something) and just play the freaking game of football? I mean, have the national anthem, then play the damn game.

If we REALLY have to have something prior to the game, why not another game of football, like the TAC cup final or the VFL final or something?

Too logical by half?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I have a stupid suggestion -- why don't we just do away with the mostly cringe-worthy curtain raiser nonsense (the cheesy middle-age choir singing the club theme songs were worse than Meatloaf by a factor of 1 million -- apologies if they were actually some charity or something) and just play the freaking game of football? I mean, have the national anthem, then play the damn game.

If we REALLY have to have something prior to the game, why not another game of football, like the TAC cup final or the VFL final or something?

Too logical by half?
    I agree almost 100%

Except the VFA grand final, it is not fair to VFA supporters to make them have to try and find a ticket and at a much higher cost than they would normally pay. The AFL has done enough harm to the VFA already without taking their grand final away from them as well.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Too logical by half?
    I can't stand the pre match entertainment, so American. It is a pity that there is no longer a reserve competion and under 19 comp. Three grand finals on the one day.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    I agree almost 100%

Except the VFA grand final, it is not fair to VFA supporters to make them have to try and find a ticket and at a much higher cost than they would normally pay. The AFL has done enough harm to the VFA already without taking their grand final away from them as well.
    Yeah, forget the VFL final -- you're absolutely right there. The rest of my post stands.

Post Thanks / Like

Too logical by half?
    Way to logical! Tired of the rubbish they feel compelled to feed us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I can't stand the pre match entertainment, so American. It is a pity that there is no longer a reserve competion and under 19 comp. Three grand finals on the one day.
    The wierd thing is, for the Yanks its Half Time entertainment, not pregame