Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason McCartney joins Bulldogs staff

JASON McCartney will be list manager for the Western Bulldogs in 2012 after quitting his role as Fremantle's development coach.
    McCartney played 182 games for Collingwood, Adelaide and North Melbourne.

Since his retirement in 2003, the Victorian has worked as the AFL's youth and high-performance co-ordinator and also served the AIS/AFL program as high-performance coach in 2009.

"His extensive experience in the AIS program as well as at Fremantle in developing elite young talent combined with his strong understanding of the game and what's required at the highest level makes him a terrific acquisition to our club," Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia said.

McCartney says he's thrilled to be part of the new era at the club, which includes the arrival of rookie coach Brendan McCartney.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226182455034
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason McCartney joins Bulldogs staff

Interesting selection, highly regarded as a spotter of young talent. All the best Jason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Interesting selection, highly regarded as a spotter of young talent. All the best Jason.
    By whom?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    I see him more of a developer rather than identifying talent. He was employed by the AFL in this role in 2008 and I don't believe he has ever operated as a recruiter or talent spotter in any capacity.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I see him more of a developer rather than identifying talent. He was employed by the AFL in this role in 2008 and I don't believe he has ever operated as a recruiter or talent spotter in any capacity.
    Probably fair enough spoke to a recruiter mate about him who rates him highly. Said he is a good developer, very good with the young kids and held high within the AFL community. I think he will be a good get for the footy club. My choice of words probably not ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He would have been involved in identifying the kids who made the AIS squad though, wouldn't he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    He would have been involved in identifying the kids who made the AIS squad though, wouldn't he?
    I don't believe so Griff, I think his role was focused on mentoring young talent and was geared to development and education rather than recommending kids for AIS scholarship.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he related to Brendan at all???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    Is he related to Brendan at all???
    I read somewhere that they're not related.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

About time we had a full time list manager.

This has come about because the AFL has given us more funding to make this possible. Unfortunately, not having the budget in the past may have cost us more than the salary to have a dedicated list manager.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    By whom?
    By our head of football operations