Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Malthouse fails EJ 'Legend' test?

Always thought Malthouse was a wanker and this proves it

Link here

LATEST: 3AW commentator and AFL Premiership coach Mick Malthouse has taken to Twitter on Tuesday to pour cold water on the Western Bulldogs' assertion he 'attacked' the record of the legendary Ted Whitten.

After the club, via its own Twitter site, passed on messages of discontent coming from The Kennel, Malthouse responded with the tweet: "My association with EJ Whitten was 1st class. He was and always will be a legend of a bloke and of the game. No disrespect intended."

UPDATE: Western Bulldogs President David Smorgon has expressed his disappointment at Mick Malthouse after the new 3AW commentator seemed to lack knowldege of the career of AFL Legend Ted Whitten.

In a statement issued via the club's Twitter feed, Smorgon said: "I can't ever recall anyone attacking Ted Whitten's status as a legend of the game."

"Ted's record is exemplary and I am extremely disappointed that Mick, who coached the Bulldogs in the mid-eighties, has questioned the status of one of our game's greats."

EARLIER: The Western Bulldogs have taken a little bit of interest in ex-Collingwood - and Bulldogs! - coach Mick Malthouse's apparent lack of knowledge in relation to one of the AFL greats.

Did Mick fail his AFL Legends test or was this tongue in cheek?

3AW Football Director, Mark Kleiman, reckons Mick was being 'tongue-in-cheek'.
    Last edited by bornadog; 29-11-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.