Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Week 2, 2007 finals series

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    With 6mins to go in the 2nd quarter the eagles have their nose in front in a close low scoring grind. Very much an arm wrestle.
    Arm wrestle = often finals footy. Isn't the tackling/pressure good?

How would we have coped with either team playing this way?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Game over.

Can WCE beat the Cats?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Game over.

Can WCE beat the Cats?
    What a great game that will be - at this stage doesn't look like any of the Eagles trio will be back for this match - perhaps Judd only. Geelong are on a roll and they are unstoppable at the moment. Eagles I have said all along would be the only team that could beat them.

Cloke & Rocca have just kicked a goal each they are only 10 points down with a quarter to go. It is anyone's game now.

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about intense. Congratulations to Collingwood on a great win. Just shows how much we need to improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood have so many guys who are dangerous with the ball in their hands. They stick tackles and work harder for each other than we can dream about. Their finishing is excellent too.

We have a long, long way to go...no doubt. Let's no undervalue the impact of the Eagles missing their best 3 players though.

Post Thanks / Like

I tipped both of these games incorrectly - I feel slightly vindicated by the WCE performance and if Judd doesn't leave they will be close to favourites in season 08

But North are a team that consistently lift when it is not expected they can - too many passengers for the Hawks tonight, and they looked undisciplined too frequently taking their focus off the footy

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think about the treatment meted out to Harvey tonight?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    What do you think about the treatment meted out to Harvey tonight?
    It probably went too far but putting a bit of group pressure on a star player is something that a lot of clubs do. Harvey going off a couple of times early in the first quarter to try and shake the Sewell tag probably just intensified the focus.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

I quite enjoyed the game last night, good to see a few hard knocks. The Roos have a good side, but, lack potency in the forward line. I was honestly surprised they won, for a while I was wondering where the goals were going to come from, then Harvey came to the party at the end. Edwards was good last night, but he's hardly reliable or consistent on a regular basis.

Hawks had too many good players down, and perhaps got too concerned with the niggling, rather than the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me that The Hawks read all the press through the week and thought that they were a monty. They had only just crawled over the team that had finished 8th after all.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Beating the Crows last week, by 3 points, in a game that really could have gone either way, seemed to fill them with false hope and confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

I found it a fairly painful game to watch. Foot skills on both sides were terrible for the most part. North choke it up as soon as the other team get any type of run. The Hawks kicked two consecutive goals in the 2nd quarter and North put the whole team behind the ball. Turned the game into dullsville. They got away at the end and there were some nice marks, but they looked like the 4th best team left in the finals. They may have grit to spare, but I'd rather see Port in the GF (and I don't have any affection for Port).

Impressed with Rawlings stopping game on Hodge, destroyed him and got his own ball.
    Harris is a gem in and under.
    Although he was on the losing team Croad is a much improved player this year. Although he was the loose man when North put numbers back, he played the role well and seems a smarter player these days.
    Jordan Lewis can be singled out for wasting the ball nearly every time he got it. The Hawks lacked intensity and focus, and the Harvey bashing seemed to distract them as much as him.

Oh yeah, yet again, the umpiring was terrible. Some awful calls and non calls, esp the free kick to Edwards for chopping the arms against Croad which resulted in a goal. Bad, Bad, Bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Agreed. Beating the Crows last week, by 3 points, in a game that really could have gone either way, seemed to fill them with false hope and confidence.
    And media blowing smoke, especially about Mr Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    I quite enjoyed the game last night, good to see a few hard knocks. The Roos have a good side, but, lack potency in the forward line. I was honestly surprised they won, for a while I was wondering where the goals were going to come from, then Harvey came to the party at the end. Edwards was good last night, but he's hardly reliable or consistent on a regular basis.

Hawks had too many good players down, and perhaps got too concerned with the niggling, rather than the ball.
    Nathan Thompson and Corey Jones would help.

I thought it was a dredful standard and Port will give North a touch-up next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Nathan Thompson and Corey Jones would help.

I thought it was a dredful standard and Port will give North a touch-up next week.
    Certainly would. I'd be bringing Leigh Brown in this week too, to hopefully add something to the mix.

Port will mop them.