Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Leon Davis - hand overplayed?

So Leon is being faced with a massive pay cut to stay in the AFL - for Port to throw him a lifeline

Did he not leave Collingwood basically because he didn't want a pay cut? Wasn't that the hidden subtext of his decision, that there would be more money in SA or WA so that he could keep playing.

Has his management and him completely stuffed this up?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leon Davis - hand overplayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    So Leon is being faced with a massive pay cut to stay in the AFL - for Port to throw him a lifeline

Did he not leave Collingwood basically because he didn't want a pay cut? Wasn't that the hidden subtext of his decision, that there would be more money in SA or WA so that he could keep playing.

Has his management and him completely stuffed this up?
    Every gamble has its opportunity and its risk.

Post Thanks / Like

This was one of the few cases that genuinely wasn't about money. He was okay with giving up AFL for family. He'll go back to WA and play WAFL with Swan Districts and be a happy man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    This was one of the few cases that genuinely wasn't about money. He was okay with giving up AFL for family. He'll go back to WA and play WAFL with Swan Districts and be a happy man.
    Except Swan Districts can't fit him in under their salary cap either.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it really?

I thought he'd floated that excuse for years, and this might actually be far more a financially motivated move from the Pies

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was the fact that the pies cut his salary that he wanted to leave. Not the fact that he was getting less money its more of the principle if you get what I mean.

e.g I dont care if my little sister takes money from my wallet to go to the milkbar, but if she doesnt ask me before taking any I will crack it and wont give her money next time she wants to go. (Yes that was a shitty example but you get the picture) its about respect, not the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    I thought it was the fact that the pies cut his salary that he wanted to leave. Not the fact that he was getting less money its more of the principle if you get what I mean.

e.g I dont care if my little sister takes money from my wallet to go to the milkbar, but if she doesnt ask me before taking any I will crack it and wont give her money next time she wants to go. (Yes that was a shitty example but you get the picture) its about respect, not the money.
    Man you hold grudges, weren't milkbars back in the 50's or something?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Man you hold grudges, weren't milkbars back in the 50's or something?
    Haha I'm born in 88 so I jave no idea about the 50's but no I don't hold grudges im actually very opposite to that example lol it was an example I was trying to give but man was it poor..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    Haha I'm born in 88 so I jave no idea about the 50's but no I don't hold grudges im actually very opposite to that example lol it was an example I was trying to give but man was it poor..
    Now days your sister just has to wave your credit card over the eftos machine or type the details into E-Bay.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

This is 100% about money.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    This is 100% about money.
    How do you know?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    How do you know?
    Sometimes GD you are just going to have to trust me.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Sometimes GD you are just going to have to trust me.
    I find it very easy to trust you on this one MJP. This to me is one of the first cracks in the Magpie wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I find it very easy to trust you on this one MJP. This to me is one of the first cracks in the Magpie wall.
    It will be interesting to see if any other "cracks" appear when about 8 or 9 Collingwood players come out of contract at the end of 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

`

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    It will be interesting to see if any other "cracks" appear when about 8 or 9 Collingwood players come out of contract at the end of 2012.
    With the AFL's policing of the salary cap amounting to telling reporters “no comment” whenever the media catches somebody flouting the rules, I wouldn't count on it.