Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Less is more for the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes really, I have been waiting a long time. I was born after 1954 and very few of us saw that one or even the 1961 attempt. I don't care how we get there (except cheating of course).
    Um...with respect, so buying a flag is not cheating?...just to clarify.,
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    Lol very nice come back ill have to wait and see..

I dont have anything against us spending more on facilities ect.. but if we are going to put our club in a massive debt (alot bigger then what we are already in) then I would rather be a battler as you put it.. Flags dont bring money or members, just look at port and north for example.. We have not won a flag for a hell of a lot longer then all of them, but man the battle would be worth the wait.

I here what everybody is saying, and yes I would love to see a premiership sooner rather then later, but the fact of the matter is I will still support this club no matter what. Just dont think that winning at all costs is worth it in the long run. Would rather work our way up to it, rather then throw all this cash just to win 1 next year, when we can wait another 5 to build it up.
    DragzLS1..I love your work. If this were facebook, I would be pressing 'like' with great enthusiasm.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Sam Edmund - Herald Sun - 8 December

Chief executive Simon Garlick said new coach Brendan McCartney and his team would receive a "reasonably significant" increase, but stressed the Bulldogs didn't believe in buying premierships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Um...with respect, so buying a flag is not cheating?...just to clarify.,
    How is it cheating?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How is it cheating?
    I think using the word 'buying' makes it sound like it's cheating.

Spending more money on the footy department is not cheating, but by 'buying' more resources, staff and facilities we are placing ourselves in a better position to be competitive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    Agreed! You would rather do it the right way!
    Then you can tell all the others to stick it where the sun dont shine coz we didnt buy our premiership, we earnt it I would rather win 1 in my life time then 10 shortcut premierships!

would you rather sleep with 5 fat ugly women over a 30 year period? or 1 gorgeous women over a 30 year period! I know what I would pick

Peace
    Not sure how you compare premierships and women. Premierships are all counted the same.

There are many of us that have a lifetime already and haven't seen one. We are trying to win just 1 now, let alone 10.

Not sure how paying more is a shortcut?
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 08-12-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to buy a premiership.
    Me too, personally I don't care how we get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather win one than not but not if it means selling our soul. Unfortunately footy is all about the money even at grass roots level.

Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with spending more money to get a result? Not interested in cheating in the Carlton way but if we could spend more on the football department and recruit an A grader or two using borderline strategy I wouldn't hesitate. This is hardly a shortcut. Don't get corrupted with ambition but be fierce and determined competitors who will not let other administrations out wit or out deal us. Resources may limit our ability to achieve every result but it should not effect our attitude.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Not sure how you compare premierships and women. Premierships are all counted the same.

There are many of us that have a lifetime already and haven't seen one. We are trying to win just 1 now, let alone 10.

Not sure how paying more is a shortcut?
    This desperation is a negative; a monkey on the backs of everybody who pulls on the guernsey. I've gone my lifetime too, mate, but as long as we're improving on- and off-field I'm happy. It's worth the wait to do it the right way, and earn the only respect that really matters: self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I would rather win one than not but not if it means selling our soul. Unfortunately footy is all about the money even at grass roots level.
    Absolutely agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the banker View Post
    What's wrong with spending more money to get a result? Not interested in cheating in the Carlton way but if we could spend more on the football department and recruit an A grader or two using borderline strategy I wouldn't hesitate. This is hardly a shortcut. Don't get corrupted with ambition but be fierce and determined competitors who will not let other administrations out wit or out deal us. Resources may limit our ability to achieve every result but it should not effect our attitude.
    You have a point, but as I get older and bitterer, I just want a flag.
    To many rello's who were members have passed without seeing one and I don't want to be put in the same class.
    I could go the high moral ground, but knowing some of the insides of our club and what we have attempted to achieve very little.
    Lets just put 100% into winning a flag and then worry about the rest.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Me too, personally I don't care how we get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I agree with Maddog. I want to get it the right way.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"