Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's Talk About Judd

if i was the eagles i would want picks 1 and 3....not fev.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    As far as I can tell Ball has had OP since his very first game. I'm questioning whether it's not injury but rather he's simply not as good as is made out. I laugh at the "Hawthorn stuffed up taking Hodge before Judd" threads. Hodge is a star, Ball is a battler who can't kick.

Maybe one day Ball will turn into the star he's made out to be, until he does he's just another vanilla midfielder.
    There should be a clapping icon on this thing.

Brilliantly said and 100% spot on. Hodge is a much better player than Ball and always will be.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been reported that Carlton are prepared to offer pick 3, pick 20 & Josh Kennedy.

If Collingwood want to get into the game they'll have to go hard as well, but are under the pump because they don't have a low pick to play with.

What about:

Didak > Adelaide
    Ben Reid > Dogs
    Ray > West Coast
    Judd > Collingwood
    McGregor > Freo
    Murphy > Dogs

Lots of draft picks all over the place

WC
    Gain: Pick 5, pick 14 & Ray
    Lose: Judd

Coll
    Gain: Judd, pick 27
    Lose: Didak, Reid, pick 14

Dogs
    Gain: Reid, pick 10
    Lose: Ray, pick 5

Ade
    Gain: Didak
    Lose: Pick 10, pick 27

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be going straight for pick 1 and 3 and a player if I were WCE.
    This is Chris freakin Judd after all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Dogs
    Gain: Reid, pick 10
    Lose: Ray, pick 5
    Don't like it

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the best offer of players and picks that we could put forth?
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    There should be a clapping icon on this thing.

Brilliantly said and 100% spot on. Hodge is a much better player than Ball and always will be.

Here you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Here you go.

No sound? Shame.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Judd's coming back to Melbourne.
    I'm sure we'll do our duty and talk to his management, although I wouldn't imagine we'd be in the frontrunners.
    Oh yeah if you want a laugh, check out the Carlton board on BF. Hilarious trade suggestions (my fave is pick 3 + 20 + Bower, or a straight swap for Fevola) and apparently he's already over the line, just debating whether he should be captain

Post Thanks / Like

JUDD QUITS EAGLES

From the AFL website:

LIKE so many other AFL clubs in this year of generational change for the competition, West Coast are going to have to say goodbye to a club great.

But unlike James Hird at Essendon, Anthony Koutoufides at Carlton, Mark Ricciuto at Adelaide and Glenn Archer at the Kangaroos, Eagles fans will have to stomach the sight of Chris Judd in someone else's colours next year.

West Coast's pain of surrendering their AFL premiership on Friday night was dwarfed by the news their captain and two-time club champion Judd had decided to return to Victoria after six years in the west.

After months of speculation and consistent refusals by the Eagles skipper to discuss his future publicly, West Coast bosses and coach John Worsfold were told at lunchtime they were losing their best player.

The shock felt in Perth and beyond was immediately clear when talkback callers rang radio stations in tears and high profile fans such as WA cricket coach Tom Moody and boxer Danny Green expressed their shock.

And the curt nature of West Coast's statement confirming their worst fears - "The West Coast Eagles are extremely disappointed with the decision" - spoke more than any number of paragraphs could.

Judd's influence on football in Perth since arriving in the 2001 draft cannot be underestimated.

His image bestrides Subiaco Oval and has to be covered over when Fremantle play their home games there.

Memorabilia of his Brownlow, Norm Smith and premiership medals can be found in any suburban shopping centre in the WA capital.

And what compensation the Eagles may get in a potential trade for Judd will pour buckets of petrol on the off-season rumour mill, although the immediate feeling in Perth was that nothing could make amends.

The bookending of Cousins' suspension at the beginning of the year and Judd's departure of the end makes for one of the most turbulent seasons in the club's 21-year history, despite a top four finish and some memorable moments.

"This year has been like getting put through a meat grinder," one poster on a football website wrote on Sunday.

"Just when you think you've come out the other side ready to go again, you get put straight back in. I feel absolutely shattered."

With Daniel Chick tipped to leave and David Wirrpanda approaching the end of his career, the wind of change blowing through the AFL is also blowing briskly through the Eagles' corridors of power.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more on Ball. He is a courageous back pocket who has managed to convince the footy world and two coaches he is an elite onballer. Generally speaking onballers need to be able to get the ball and use it. Ball does these two things rarely unless its either wet or a shit fight. Jordan Mcmahon and Brian Harris had as many disposals this year

Post Thanks / Like

Ball was superb in 2004, his last season anywhere near 100% full capacity. He was always a notch below Hodge and Judd but he was an elite midfielder of the competiton in that season. He won the B&F and he was a big-time player in that finals series.

Irrespective, Judd's injury may or may not be similar to Ball's. If it is similar and requires constant management and monitoring, then Judd's single greatest weapon, his explosive pace off the mark, will be compromised. How long for is the big question.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been reported that we are out of the running for Judd.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Luke Ball has been a shadow of himself for 3 seasons now; I fear that Judd may go the same way with his groin/OP/adductor/whatever the hell it is. I'd like to see him pass a physical with flying colours before even contemplating such a trade. Not much point having your highest paid player operating at 60% capacity, or worse, sitting out most of the season.
    I agree Ball is overated but I fear Judd might be a shadow of his former self.
    At 22 he looks like an old man. I'd also like to know the full story on why he is leaving WC.
    What is it? The Drugs issue? The Fishbowl culture?

I just thought he might be the best player in the league but will we break the bank trying to get him?

For me its too many risks when we are lacking in a number of departments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    I agree Ball is overated but I fear Judd might be a shadow of his former self.
    At 22 he looks like an old man. I'd also like to know the full story on why he is leaving WC.
    What is it? The Drugs issue? The Fishbowl culture?

I reckon that West Coast are paying thre price now for their inaction against various players at the end of last season/start of this season.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.