Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's Talk About Judd

I thought I read somewhere that Judd wants to play finals in the near future. And I think he will pick where he will play.

Probably excludes Blues, Tigers, Bombers and Demons.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Judd wants to play finals in the near future. And I think he will pick where he will play.

I think it makes the Bombers and Dees better prospects than the other two. Dees were top 6 last year and the Bombers with Judd delivering to Lloyd and Lucas could be scary, although still not top 4 material.
    Tiges will always find a way to miss out even with Judd.
    The Eagles will want him to pick Carlton because of their picks, but I can smell a Colingwood recruit in the air, although getting the package to satisfy the Eagls will be difficult.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    but I can smell a Colingwood recruit in the air, although getting the package to satisfy the Eagls will be difficult.

That's exactly why we should consider* trading our pick 5. Collingwood might go mad with the thought of Judds magic beans and be prepared to do something stupid.

I'm 99% certain we must keep this pick.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post

Call me stupid but I think Richmond would walk into the finals with a fit Judd. A midfield of Judd, Foley and an improving Deledio is a little frightening and would allow work horse types like Johnson and Tuck to play their natural roles. At the very least they would be big improvers. Dont under estimate what Judd will do for a side. Every side in the comp is a finals contender with Judd playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

I'm 99% certain we must keep this pick.
    Tend to agree, that 1% possibility has to be in case a club decides to do something very silly and offload a Reid, Cloke or the like ( a future gun key forward)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Tend to agree, that 1% possibility has to be in case a club decides to do something very silly and offload a Reid, Cloke or the like ( a future gun key forward)

That's exactly what we should be whispering into other clubs ears.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

We talk about keeping pick 5 and drafting a KPP. What if the best KPP isn't the 5th best player in the draft? What if Ebert or Palmer or Mastin are better? Are we better off chasing Henderson or McEvoy and having them turn out pants? My call is that we should go for the best available tall - available being whether in the draft or via a trade. I would have no hesitation in taking Reid, Thorpe, Roughhead, Franklin ahead of Henderson, Rance or McEvoy - b/c they are probably better KPP's. I would hesitate if they were offloading Pick 5 though for another midfielder as I really think that you can develop these relatively quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    We talk about keeping pick 5 and drafting a KPP. What if the best KPP isn't the 5th best player in the draft? What if Ebert or Palmer or Mastin are better? Are we better off chasing Henderson or McEvoy and having them turn out pants? My call is that we should go for the best available tall - available being whether in the draft or via a trade. I would have no hesitation in taking Reid, Thorpe, Roughhead, Franklin ahead of Henderson, Rance or McEvoy - b/c they are probably better KPP's. I would hesitate if they were offloading Pick 5 though for another midfielder as I really think that you can develop these relatively quickly.
    Its so unlikely to me that any of the talls you talk of from other clubs would be available - although it is Judd so the hysteria may ruffle someone out of the bushes but its still unlikely to me.

I think we should just back Clayton in to take the best player available - if its a midfielder then thats no problem to me - we desperately need a dynamic inside midfielder. Clayton has proven he can find elite talent early in the first round, and we dont want him reaching on a Kepler Bradley type key position player if the best talls go earlier. The club does need to find some key position forward options but if Everitt, Tiller, Williams and Wight developed things would look a lot different. That said I am very confident they will have been targetting key forward talent all year and have some ideas in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

OK if Clayton can find Kerr's twin, otherwise I want a KPP forward (by whatever route).
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Did any one listen to Rocket on SEN last night on his weekly programme with Robbo (Hearld Sun).

He said the club spoke to Judd's mgr mid year to get a feel incase he was coming back to Melbourne. However, he reiterated that we are not chasing him and we want a ruckman and KPP forward. Nothing new but interesting they spoke mid year.