Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western front launch

REALLY, REALLY Liked the video of the "WESTERN FRONT " launch...BRING ON 2012 I say

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western front launch

The term "Western Front" bring back images of world war 1 and 2 to me. That is an instant negative association. I am surprised the marketing test groups (if there were any) didn't reveal that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PedroArvy View Post
    The term "Western Front" bring back images of world war 1 and 2 to me. That is an instant negative association. I am surprised the marketing test groups (if there were any) didn't reveal that.

Maybe they did test it.

Maybe not everyone sees it the same way as you.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't completely sure about the name at first either, but I love the video and think the club is doing some really good and important stuff around the stories of where we've come from, and where we're intent on going.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Western Front will always mean the Somme and Passchendaele to me too, but I suppose it can mean Bulldogs as well. As long as they're not choking in mud and blowing each other to pieces, I guess I can get past it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PedroArvy View Post
    It's a footy show over in WA ... Hosted by Tim Gossage. Every time I here the name, I think of that show.

WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    It's a footy show over in WA ... Hosted by Tim Gossage. Every time I here the name, I think of that show.

Hate the “W” hand signal.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fact their embracing our old roots of Footscray.

All this talk about strength training makes me excited about 2012. Hope Macca is true to his words.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff!
    I like the second to last shot where Boyd talks because Mcartney says a hell of a lot with his face and body language without saying a word. He looks very, very determined.

Post Thanks / Like

The music track and narration puts me to sleep a bit zzzzzzz It's too corporate. Needs a bit of ACA-DACA or Foo fighters.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The music track and narration puts me to sleep a bit zzzzzzz It's too corporate. Needs a bit of ACA-DACA or Foo fighters.
    ^^^^^^^
    As mentioned in another forum I agree.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Would we need to pay a royalty to use them? Mark Seymour was behind the music and most likely did it for mates rates or free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Would we need to pay a royalty to use them? Mark Seymour was behind the music and most likely did it for mates rates or free.
    Yes we would. If Seymour was given the job, he should've been given more direction i.e. - "Create something that generates excitement"
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post

Yes we would. If Seymour was given the job, he should've been given more direction i.e. - "Create something that generates excitement"
    Maybe its a build up to the next video and gets bigger and better as it goes along, I would say thats hardly a soundtrack to be written its just a beat at the moment.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I wasn't completely sure about the name at first either, but I love the video and think the club is doing some really good and important stuff around the stories of where we've come from, and where we're intent on going.
    Agree with you RT