Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Historic guernsey is back in the family

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    I keep hearing different things re: his Great Grandfather. At the Social club event last week K Hillier said his Great G/Father was Arthur Oliver. Recently on another forum here on woof someone said he was Arthur Stevens, I corrected him as to Oliver. In this article it's stated Arthur Stevens, yet last night, Michael told me it was Arthur Oliver.

Could someone get the facts right, in the mean time, I'll go with what "Gena" told me.
    According to my research, Arthur Stevens played with the Dogs from 1927-32, made his debut at 28 and played 64 games. Arthur Olliver played from 1935-1950, 272 games and held the games record prior to EJ taking it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Could someone get the facts right, in the mean time, I'll go with what "Gena" told me.
    That is a terrible nickname. Is that the nickname he has or one you made up?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That is a terrible nickname. Is that the nickname he has or one you made up?
    See below..

As a past Player Sponsor of Sam whatever his name was, I'd just like to say my #11 jumper is gathering mothballs and when the new jumper arrives it will be a #32 in honour of my Sponsored boy Michael (Gena) Talia. Hey I didn't give him the nickname. I was gonna call him EmTee oops I ment MT
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I keep hearing different things re: his Great Grandfather. At the Social club event last week K Hillier said his Great G/Father was Arthur Oliver. Recently on another forum here on woof someone said he was Arthur Stevens, I corrected him as to Oliver. In this article it's stated Arthur Stevens, yet last night, Michael told me it was Arthur Oliver.

Could be both, unless he is from Tassie, he would have four Great Grandfathers.
    Last edited by KT31; 16-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Hillier never mentioned Arthur Oliver at all, he said Stevens. It is Arthur Stevens, its only you that thinks its Oliver.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    See below..
    Nice work AP. Hutchy like snooping.

I'm not a prude, there's just something distasteful about it. Anyway, as you were.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Could be both, unless he is from Tassie, he would have two Great Grandfathers.
    No need to denigrate us Tasmanians.

We actually have 2 grandfathers and 4 great grandfathers
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    No need to denigrate us Tasmanians.

We actually have 2 grandfathers and 4 great grandfathers
    Sorry BJ, it was only meant in jest and you know I typed in three other states and it didn't look right.
    Have corrected post for mathematical correctness.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

According to my research, Arthur Stevens played with the Dogs from 1927-32, made his debut at 28 and played 64 games. Arthur Olliver played from 1935-1950, 272 games and held the games record prior to EJ taking it.
    With all the Arseholes Yacking away while speeches and interviews where being carried on, I obviously made a mistake. I have since done my homework and seen my mistake . OOPS Stuffed up again

Post Thanks / Like

With all the Arseholes Yacking away while speeches and interviews where being carried on, I obviously made a mistake. I have since done my homework and seen my mistake . OOPS Stuffed up again
    Tis that time of the year. Forgiven.

Post Thanks / Like

My mistake. obviously I didn't hear what was said due to the morons yacking away while speeches were made. apologies for the mistake, i should of done some better research 1st

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Tis that time of the year. Forgiven.
    oops repeated myself. Again