Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome To The Bulldogs - Jack Redpath

Jack could also feel if Tom does take his place he will have the freedom to look at other offers in a year or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Read somewhere last week that Big Jack prefers to have the 1 year contracts as it keeps him playing on the edge and to not be in a comfort zone.

Post Thanks / Like

There are no quotes from Damien Barrett in that article. I was expecting an "I might be wrong about the bulldogs not being able to sign their players to new contracts because of Tom Boyd" or "geez what a dickhead I must look" or something along those lines.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I would be very surprised if it wasn't his decision. His stocks are just starting to rise, but not yet at the stage to really cash in.
    My gut feel is that he'd never shaft us and leave anyway, after giving him a shot and persevering through some tough years. Also, the fact that he's one of the locker room heroes.

I reckon Stringer has a big one on the back of Jack's signing. He loves the big fella.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    My gut feel is that he'd never shaft us and leave anyway, after giving him a shot and persevering through some tough years. Also, the fact that he's one of the locker room heroes.

I reckon Stringer has a big one on the back of Jack's signing. He loves the big fella.
    I have the same feeling too. I guess you can be loyal and smart at the same time too though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why he is given yearly deals. Deserves at least two years .
    I remember reading something about him preferring to sign yearly deals. I highly doubt it was the club's decision.