Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Cooney close to fitness

Ahmer Khokhar - The Age - 13 January

Western Bulldogs star Adam Cooney is expecting to be fully fit in time for the start of next month's pre-season NAB Cup.

Last season the Brownlow medallist managed just 13 games due to a troublesome knee injury, and in November was left out of the team's 2012 leadership group.

''I've made good progress with my knee and I should be at full fitness in about three weeks,'' Cooney told The Age.

He also revealed that new coach Brendan McCartney had prioritised improving the Bulldogs' defence.

''We've worked a lot on the defensive aspect of our play,'' Cooney explained. ''We don't want to miss the finals again.''

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cooney close to fitness

Extent of Cooney's recovery and form huge for us. Good luck Adam
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Manage of full season out of Cooney and Lake and our chances of sneaking in the 8 are much greater.

Post Thanks / Like

Please, if there is a Santa out there, let Cooney be fit and injury free (or atleast managable so he can play) for the whole 2012 season!! That is all I want for xmas

Working more on there defencinve side possible backline role for Cooney when he is resting.. Maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Such good news - we all know how difficult injuries make to the balance of a side...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to see articles about him, I just want to watch him play

Hopefully he can get as fit as he can

Post Thanks / Like

Great news i guess but not much detail in the artical was there.

It my be just me but i get a little pessimistic when it comes to the words "Cooney" and "fully fit" when used together.

Does fully fit just mean he is no longer injured? or does it mean he is in peak condition?

Post Thanks / Like

How awesome it would be for us to have a fully fit coons again, with him and lake at full strength watch out everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I don't want to see articles about him, I just want to watch him play

Hopefully he can get as fit as he can
    This. Keep expectations low so that supporters are not expecting miracles when he does get on the park, let him play himself back into his football, not try to play to supporters expectations which will happen if we set expectations too high and he starts getting slammed in the media or talkback for not winning every game off his own boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    This. Keep expectations low so that supporters are not expecting miracles when he does get on the park, let him play himself back into his football, not try to play to supporters expectations which will happen if we set expectations too high and he starts getting slammed in the media or talkback for not winning every game off his own boot.

Motto the Tigers supporters have used for the last 30 years.

I do agree on Cooney though, lets just let him ease into form and hope we can get a bloke near enough to full potential by the end of the season.
    Last edited by KT31; 22-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.