Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 71 of 71
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    16,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    Me too mate, me too. Having been a rabid supporter for only 15 or so years (a large portion of my life) I would be an absolute blubbering mess if we won the big one. Can't imagine what it must be like for the legends who have been believers for much, much longer than I.
    Ive been going for the Dogs for nearly 12 years now it would be fantastic if we had the ultimate success. The celebrations would be endless because its been so long.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    16,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I love stories like this when despite all the odds, we end up with two more passionate supporters. I hope you are rewarded in the coming years.
    This season looks to be another tough one and I hope we are much more competitive and stay in games longer. If we rebuild the right way I'm sure we can have the ultimate success but that takes lots and lots of work.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    16,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Thought ill bump this thread up for any new woofers and current woofers. Always good hearing the stories.

  4. #64
    nagoyadog Guest

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thought ill bump this thread up for any new woofers and current woofers. Always good hearing the stories.
    Just posted my story in another thread so I won't repeat again here, but I can mention my families allegiances. I have converted my sis and brothers to Dogs supporters over the years. My mum is a Collingwood supporter, but after years of hearing me go on about the 'stereotypical toothless' e.t.c Magpies supporter, I reckon she's leaning, almost toppling over to the Bulldogs.

    Unfortunately, my sister's husband is a Carlton man, so my nephews have followed their dad. My brother- in - law's family are too fanatical, so I don't like my chances of conversion there. I get in my nephew's ear but it doesn't go down well at all. For the sake of familial relationships I put up with the heathens

    Oh...how could I forget. Converted my g/f from Essendon. The drugs scandal was the sealer!
    Last edited by nagoyadog; 13-06-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add info

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'scrazy
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by nagoyadog View Post
    Just posted my story in another thread so I won't repeat again here, but I can mention my families allegiances. I have converted my sis and brothers to Dogs supporters over the years. My mum is a Collingwood supporter, but after years of hearing me go on about the 'stereotypical toothless' e.t.c Magpies supporter, I reckon she's leaning, almost toppling over to the Bulldogs.

    Unfortunately, my sister's husband is a Carlton man, so my nephews have followed their dad. My brother- in - law's family are too fanatical, so I don't like my chances of conversion there. I get in my nephew's ear but it doesn't go down well at all. For the sake of familial relationships I put up with the heathens

    Oh...how could I forget. Converted my g/f from Essendon. The drugs scandal was the sealer!
    Nagoya - is that a type of really hot chilli? Sounds like you should be working in our promotion & membership department.

  6. #66
    nagoyadog Guest

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Nagoya - is that a type of really hot chilli? Sounds like you should be working in our promotion & membership department.
    Haha! Nah mate, not chilli, rather a city in Japan. I lived there for 6 years and used the username on footy websites. I'm back now, but I decided the keep the name.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'scrazy
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by nagoyadog View Post
    Haha! Nah mate, not chilli, rather a city in Japan. I lived there for 6 years and used the username on footy websites. I'm back now, but I decided the keep the name.
    Maybe it is a really hot chilli that is native to that region? I'm going to Google.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    'scrazy
    Posts
    3,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Maybe it is a really hot chilli that is native to that region? I'm going to Google.
    Well, my search has shown that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers played in Nagoya.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    16,221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Me: Western Bulldogs
    Mum: Melbourne
    Dad: Not interested in footy
    Brother: Collingwood

    I started supporting the Bulldogs in 2001. The story goes like this: I went to (I was 12 at the time) a match with my Uncle and Mum from memory who are both Melbourne supporters between Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs at the MCG on a Friday Night. The Bulldogs won that match by 30 points and I remember clapping and cheering when the Dogs were going to win. 11 years on and I'm a very proud supporter of the Western Bulldogs and hopefully in the not to distant future we can win our 2nd premiership.
    Be great to here your stories and who all your family support.
    Divided loyalty in our house come Sep 25. I'm hoping I'll have the last laugh in the end

    Kruder also in a similar situation to me.
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    281
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    My family like myself are born and bred bulldogs. Which ended up great for me because i got 15 barcodes off them for the GF .

  11. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, josie, Eastdog liked this post
  12. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    26,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Divided loyalty in our house come Sep 25. I'm hoping I'll have the last laugh in the end

    Kruder also in a similar situation to me.
    I remember that game against Melbourne. It was Friday night at the MCG. Luke Penny gave David Neitz (who was kicking lots of goals) a real bath and I got into an argument with a traffic cop.
    King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king.
    Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

  13. Likes Eastdog liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •