Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who does your family support and how did you come to support the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Cricho54 View Post
    Me too mate, me too. Having been a rabid supporter for only 15 or so years (a large portion of my life) I would be an absolute blubbering mess if we won the big one. Can't imagine what it must be like for the legends who have been believers for much, much longer than I.
    Ive been going for the Dogs for nearly 12 years now it would be fantastic if we had the ultimate success. The celebrations would be endless because its been so long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I love stories like this when despite all the odds, we end up with two more passionate supporters. I hope you are rewarded in the coming years.
    This season looks to be another tough one and I hope we are much more competitive and stay in games longer. If we rebuild the right way I'm sure we can have the ultimate success but that takes lots and lots of work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought ill bump this thread up for any new woofers and current woofers. Always good hearing the stories.

nagoyadog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thought ill bump this thread up for any new woofers and current woofers. Always good hearing the stories.
    Just posted my story in another thread so I won't repeat again here, but I can mention my families allegiances. I have converted my sis and brothers to Dogs supporters over the years. My mum is a Collingwood supporter, but after years of hearing me go on about the 'stereotypical toothless' e.t.c Magpies supporter, I reckon she's leaning, almost toppling over to the Bulldogs.

Unfortunately, my sister's husband is a Carlton man, so my nephews have followed their dad. My brother- in - law's family are too fanatical, so I don't like my chances of conversion there. I get in my nephew's ear but it doesn't go down well at all. For the sake of familial relationships I put up with the heathens

Oh...how could I forget. Converted my g/f from Essendon. The drugs scandal was the sealer!
    Last edited by nagoyadog; 13-06-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Add info

5. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagoyadog View Post
    Just posted my story in another thread so I won't repeat again here, but I can mention my families allegiances. I have converted my sis and brothers to Dogs supporters over the years. My mum is a Collingwood supporter, but after years of hearing me go on about the 'stereotypical toothless' e.t.c Magpies supporter, I reckon she's leaning, almost toppling over to the Bulldogs.

Unfortunately, my sister's husband is a Carlton man, so my nephews have followed their dad. My brother- in - law's family are too fanatical, so I don't like my chances of conversion there. I get in my nephew's ear but it doesn't go down well at all. For the sake of familial relationships I put up with the heathens

Oh...how could I forget. Converted my g/f from Essendon. The drugs scandal was the sealer!
    Nagoya - is that a type of really hot chilli? Sounds like you should be working in our promotion & membership department.

nagoyadog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Nagoya - is that a type of really hot chilli? Sounds like you should be working in our promotion & membership department.
    Haha! Nah mate, not chilli, rather a city in Japan. I lived there for 6 years and used the username on footy websites. I'm back now, but I decided the keep the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagoyadog View Post
    Haha! Nah mate, not chilli, rather a city in Japan. I lived there for 6 years and used the username on footy websites. I'm back now, but I decided the keep the name.
    Maybe it is a really hot chilli that is native to that region? I'm going to Google.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Maybe it is a really hot chilli that is native to that region? I'm going to Google.
    Well, my search has shown that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers played in Nagoya.

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Western Bulldogs
    Mum: Melbourne
    Dad: Not interested in footy
    Brother: Collingwood

I started supporting the Bulldogs in 2001. The story goes like this: I went to (I was 12 at the time) a match with my Uncle and Mum from memory who are both Melbourne supporters between Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs at the MCG on a Friday Night. The Bulldogs won that match by 30 points and I remember clapping and cheering when the Dogs were going to win. 11 years on and I'm a very proud supporter of the Western Bulldogs and hopefully in the not to distant future we can win our 2nd premiership.
    Be great to here your stories and who all your family support.
    Divided loyalty in our house come Sep 25. I'm hoping I'll have the last laugh in the end

Kruder also in a similar situation to me.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

My family like myself are born and bred bulldogs. Which ended up great for me because i got 15 barcodes off them for the GF .

Post Thanks / Like

Divided loyalty in our house come Sep 25. I'm hoping I'll have the last laugh in the end

Kruder also in a similar situation to me.
    I remember that game against Melbourne. It was Friday night at the MCG. Luke Penny gave David Neitz (who was kicking lots of goals) a real bath and I got into an argument with a traffic cop.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only Dogs supporters in our house - and one more on the way!

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gZm46oW8XieQ

He can kick both feet too.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/zLbs93cwbRzl
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Funny enough as a young kid I had a Melbourne Demons tshirt, that didn't last long my dad influenced me into the dogs, my uncle influenced my brother in to the Tigers, funny as my uncle switched to the bombers in the 90s

I grew up with a lot of the Tassie crop of stars the Rawlings brothers, Richo, Ben Harrison all the Devonport
    Remember picking on Ben Brown as a skinny teenager how things have changed
    I work in the mines in WA guess you could say we all made it
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

16. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Only Dogs supporters in our house - and one more on the way!

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/gZm46oW8XieQ

He can kick both feet too.

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/zLbs93cwbRzl
    There is our No'1 draft pick in 2036 !

18. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    There is our No'1 draft pick in 2036 !
    And he sleeps in his Bulldog cap!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

20. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post