Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
Yeah my bad, I read both Satuday and Sunday papers last night for the first time. I still think the article looked a little 'poor me' compared to the McVeigh story, who has really endured personal tragedy and hardship. Whilst I'm not a fan of Sherman, I certainly don't doubt his sincerity in what he said in the interview, just that the timing was unfortunate in comparison with the McVeigh story.

What really annoyed me was the cap - some might see this as a minor issue but for mine KooGa are paying the club some serious coin and spending bucketloads kitting out the entire playing group and coaching staff head to toe in official Bulldogs gear, so it wouldn't have hurt Sherman to plonk on his official Bulldogs KooGa cap and polo for the photo shoot and support the company that is providing significant financial support to his key employer. Why give Blades (who are NM's on-field sponsor) such a blatant free kick?

PS - theimmortalmike, the McVeigh story was in both The Age and HS
Are you familiar with the specifics of the Kooga contract? Perhaps it isn't rigid in this area, and perhaps they didn't pay for such a provision.