Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins says there won't be any more excuses

Glad there's no more excuses then.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Has he ever been that good?
    Only during brief glimpses - the emphasis on leg weights is obviously part of B-Mac's contested mantra. Legs + Core strength = winning contested ball
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Glad there's no more excuses then.
    Until the next injury
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He had the promise of being an elite player. He has a great skill set, if only he had the work rate and uncompromised attack on the contest of a Chris Judd.

Confidence is a big factor and if he can get 100% confidence in his body then I think we could see a big lift from him.

We probably need 30 goals from him this year.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

No more excuses and no more credits in the bank is all i want out of Higgins. If his form warrants a spot in our best 22 then he gets a game, if it doesn't or he won't do the team things then he plays at Willi. No more of the special treatment we extend to players we deem talented.

Post Thanks / Like

This Higgins stuff is starting to sound a bit like Gia of 12 months ago.

If Higgins is hurt, he's hurt. His injuries haven't been 'general soreness', they have been real and significant.

It may be Higgins never reaches his potential because of injuries, but I can't understand the attitude of some about them.

I understand the frustration but it's not his fault. There has never been a suggestion he has not done every bit of rehab he should have nor turned up underprepared.

Cooney will probably not be the same player again, will we see the same written about him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

If Higgins is hurt, he's hurt. His injuries haven't been 'general soreness', they have been real and significant.

It may be Higgins never reaches his potential because of injuries, but I can't understand the attitude of some about them.

I understand the frustration but it's not his fault. There has never been a suggestion he has not done every bit of rehab he should have nor turned up underprepared.

Cooney will probably not be the same player again, will we see the same written about him?
    This.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

You're right it is starting to sound a bit like the old Gia derangement syndrome. You only need to look at the intraclub thread to notice that most of the comments about his game are negative yet Steven King made specific mention of how good he felt Shaun was in that game. And King is a brand new assisstant coach with no ties to the Eade administration, which apparently showed Higgins endless amounts of favouritism...

My take on Shaun is that he's a good to very good player who's been ravaged by injuries, is rarely in our worst players on game day, suffers from a huge weight of undeserved expectation, and also much like Gia suffers from a unfair perception of softness possibly due to his pretty boy looks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    My take on Shaun is that he's a good to very good player who's been ravaged by injuries, is rarely in our worst players on game day, suffers from a huge weight of undeserved expectation, and also much like Gia suffers from a unfair perception of softness possibly due to his pretty boy looks.
    Couldn't agree more. Injury free and I think we will see a class act.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be very pleasantly surprised if he ever becomes the player he should have been. we will see flashes but no best and fairest seasons.

His body has constntly let him down and I would not be to keen on betting this will change.

Apart from this issue which is a major one, I also find his decision making is lacking at times and translates to skill errors and turnovers.

Having said all that I am an optimist and would dearly love to see him become what he wants to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I will be very pleasantly surprised if he ever becomes the player he should have been. we will see flashes but no best and fairest seasons.

His body has constntly let him down and I would not be to keen on betting this will change.

Apart from this issue which is a major one, I also find his decision making is lacking at times and translates to skill errors and turnovers.

Having said all that I am an optimist and would dearly love to see him become what he wants to be.
    By and large his injuries have been impact injuries not injuries like hamstrings, knees etc. His body can't be described as letting him down when he smashes an ankle simply by landing awkwardly. There is no reason why njuries should prove an issue to him over any other player.

I have high hopes for him to prove his potential and become one of the better players in the group.