Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  65
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 271
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    62,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    We can't always be right BAD
    Looked good as a youngster then it all went down hill.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    In fairness I think most observers were tantalised by jones' s potential .
    He'll be playing suburban football this time next year

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My worst thread of all time.

    Thank you for the reminder.
    To be fair, I watched his very first game playing Willy Reserves at Frankston. He looked like a new Carey. Little did I know, that's the only level he looks good at! As evidence by giving up 7 goals at Full Back last week, and 67 hit outs as a ruckman after they've lost any faith he can score as a forward.

    The jokes on all of us. He'll make more money playing country footy than most on this forum will next year working for a living.

    Any way, I never posted in this thread. Someone hacked my account. But the legacy is Caleb Daniel so everything turned out well enough for everyone. Everyone except Carlton.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Inside the mind of Brian Lake
    Posts
    6,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Why?

    I have serious doubts about both, certainly as forwards.
    My 2012 post about Jones and Ayce Cordy.

    Knew Jones was rubbish years ago.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

  5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
  6. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    sydenham
    Posts
    13,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Bornadog if it's any consolation I'm putting my reputation on the line with TIm English he will be a star make no mistake!
    Bring back the biff

  7. Likes bornadog liked this post
  8. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Bornadog if it's any consolation I'm putting my reputation on the line with TIm English he will be a star make no mistake!
    Doesn't count if you don't make a thread with the declaration as the title so people remember it

  9. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To be fair, I watched his very first game playing Willy Reserves at Frankston. He looked like a new Carey. Little did I know, that's the only level he looks good at! As evidence by giving up 7 goals at Full Back last week, and 67 hit outs as a ruckman after they've lost any faith he can score as a forward.

    The jokes on all of us. He'll make more money playing country footy than most on this forum will next year working for a living.

    Any way, I never posted in this thread. Someone hacked my account. But the legacy is Caleb Daniel so everything turned out well enough for everyone. Everyone except Carlton.
    I seem to recall the words "I had movement" used in that particular game review.

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My worst thread of all time.

    Thank you for the reminder.
    30000 posts, you're allowed one *!*!*!*!-up.

  10. #188
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    5,864
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I seem to recall the words "I had movement" used in that particular game review.
    I think you sung his praises after the 2014 VFL GF as well. We all thought he might be coming good and were sad to see him go, especially for a 3rd rounder
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

    Formerly gogriff

  11. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I think you sung his praises after the 2014 VFL GF as well. We all thought he might be coming good and were sad to see him go, especially for a 3rd rounder
    Furious. What were going to do with a third rounder for gods sake? There wasn't going to be anything decent left then.

    We were losing a competitive beast!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

  12. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I seem to recall the words "I had movement" used in that particular game review.



    30000 posts, you're allowed one *!*!*!*!-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I think you sung his praises after the 2014 VFL GF as well. We all thought he might be coming good and were sad to see him go, especially for a 3rd rounder
    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Furious. What were going to do with a third rounder for gods sake? There wasn't going to be anything decent left then.

    We were losing a competitive beast!
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Looked good as a youngster then it all went down hill.
    He had just enough talent to tease & then frustrate most of us at one point or another. And $1,000,000 from Carlton!!

    Suckers!! We might've got our hopes up as fans, but at least we never handed him a million. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

  13. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunshine
    Posts
    6,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He had just enough talent to tease & then frustrate most of us at one point or another. And $1,000,000 from Carlton!!

    Suckers!! We might've got our hopes up as fans, but at least we never handed him a million. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
    BT I don't get the obsession with Jones' pay packet at Carlton? You bring it up once a week. If $1m over 3 years is accurate, then he is slightly above the average AFL wage.

  14. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    17,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    BT I don't get the obsession with Jones' pay packet at Carlton? You bring it up once a week. If $1m over 3 years is accurate, then he is slightly above the average AFL wage.
    Being paid above average wages for way below average output...for 3 years. I think BT just finds it hilarious, especially given we picked up a very good player in exchange.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
  16. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    33,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    BT I don't get the obsession with Jones' pay packet at Carlton? You bring it up once a week. If $1m over 3 years is accurate, then he is slightly above the average AFL wage.
    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Being paid above average wages for way below average output...for 3 years. I think BT just finds it hilarious, especially given we picked up a very good player in exchange.
    My comrade nailed it exactly.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

  17. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    It's the length of the contract too. Liam Jones logging up a list spot for 3 years is doing wonders for their rebuild.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

  18. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    62,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Jones Boy - I will declare it now - he is going to be a star

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Being paid above average wages for way below average output...for 3 years. I think BT just finds it hilarious, especially given we picked up a very good player in exchange.
    Plus it was Carlton, the desperado club that expects to get a quick fix to make finals instead of developing their own young talent.

    13 ex-GWS players and Liam Jones, Tutt say hello from the burbs.
    FFC: Established 1883

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •