Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big, bad Bazza back

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    They wouldn't be embarrassed doing it with Presti because he was a 15 year player at the club and played 230+ games for them. He also played in GF's and would have been a Premiership player if not for injury. It would be more than a marketing exercise.

As for the whole premiership captain of a team that broke a hoodoo blah de blah, it didn't change anything while Barry was a player here, I can't see how it's going to help us while he's hosting Bulldogs TV.
    This is how...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    PR exercise but if it gets the sponsors and clubs name in the paper then mission accomplished.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Bulldog4Life. Bazz has been an undoubted success story for MOST of the Dogs fraternity other than some of us more pedantic (some might say cynical/jaded) ones.

Sure it's celebrating an individual, but it's not as if we're celebrating something bad -- the dude was one of the best players in his time, and his story with us, while it did not end in a premiership, was a positive one. It is what it is, and having Bazz take a lap of honour or whatever will not make a whit of difference to whether we win a flag or not.

And I write as someone who is normally a big agitator for culture change within the playing group and the club's mentality.. I just don't think this is a big deal one way or another. FFS, some people are kicking up more of a stink that Bazz is getting a lap of honour than they did about Harbrow leaving, which is a far greater kick in the guts to the culture of a team.

It's a feel-good story, no more no less. Maybe we need to lighten up a bit? This footy thing is supposed to be a little bit fun, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    This is how...
    I was referring more to the implication that his experience as a premiership captain would help us onfield. I fully get the marketing implications of this, it's the sole reason for it from what I see.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me