Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Cup - Round #1 - Bulldogs vs Giants and Magpies

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    If he's playing up forward all the time then he needs to kick more than that.

We can't have a small permanent forward only contribute 30 goals for the year unless he's adding to the midfield rotations.
    If any small forward kicks 30 goals a year, that's a very good year.

Sherman will spend time in the midfield, so if he managed to get close to 30 -- it'd be a great achievement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    If any small forward kicks 30 goals a year, that's a very good year.

Sherman will spend time in the midfield, so if he managed to get close to 30 -- it'd be a great achievement.
    Not to sure about great, it would be a solid performance.
    In the past we have had Brown and Brad kick 50 goals playing the same role.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not to sure about great, it would be a solid performance.
    In the past we have had Brown and Brad kick 50 goals playing the same role.
    Obviously Johnson and Brown were elite players though. Sherman isn't -- you can't set the bar at the same height for everyone.

Not too many small forwards reach 30 goals a year -- it's a very good achievement from any that do. The ones that surpass that (Betts, Garlett) are worth their weight in gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Johnson and Brown were elite players though. Sherman isn't -- you can't set the bar at the same height for everyone.

Not too many small forwards reach 30 goals a year -- it's a very good achievement from any that do. The ones that surpass that (Betts, Garlett) are worth their weight in gold.
    Gia
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Gia
    Absolutely.

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Hudson
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Paul Hudson
    I loved Paul Hudson.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Fallen away so quickly?

Signs were bad in 2010. The situation got a whole lot worse in 2011.

In any case, we made three consecutive preliminary finals. We just weren't good enough -- change was needed, it happened, and now we begin again.

I'm surprised by the amount of doom and gloom. IMO 2010/2011 were painful. You knew we were NEVER going to challenge the top sides, particularly in 2010.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we tackle a new era.
    2010 was going along pretty well until half the team got wiped by a virus & then our 2 best players got injured very late in the season.

Leading up to the game against Geelong (when we got thumped) we were going as well as anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    2010 was going along pretty well until half the team got wiped by a virus & then our 2 best players got injured very late in the season.

Leading up to the game against Geelong (when we got thumped) we were going as well as anyone.
    Not really.

We again didn't beat the top three sides and never really looked like challenging. We were never on the same level as Collingwood, Geelong and St. Kilda (despite blowing a game against them).

We had a decent late run when we defeated Adelaide (and Freo?) but that soon crashed. For much of the year, we were struggling to make top four.

We were certainly never decisive, or going as well as anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Not really.

We again didn't beat the top three sides and never really looked like challenging. We were never on the same level as Collingwood, Geelong and St. Kilda (despite blowing a game against them).

We had a decent late run when we defeated Adelaide (and Freo?) but that soon crashed. For much of the year, we were struggling to make top four.

We were certainly never decisive, or going as well as anyone.
    I'll agree to disagree with you then won't I.

But going into rd 20, we were just 4pts off 2nd spot and had just won 7 of our last 8, our only loss being to Haw by 3 pts... We were going ok.

Post Thanks / Like

But going into rd 20, we were just 4pts off 2nd spot and had just won 7 of our last 8, our only loss being to Haw by 3 pts... We were going ok.
    Yeah, but as I said -- we hadn't beaten anyone of note.

We beat Carlton (they were just OK), Port (Crap), Freo (Injury riddled), North (Crap), Adelaide (Average).

The only solid team was Hawthorn (they'd won about 6 or 7 in a row) and we narrowly lost.

We always knew we wouldn't/couldn't compete with the top three, even if we thumped the crap sides, and that's why it was a disappointing season. The injuries at the end to Cooney/Morris just made sure of it.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with 2010 was that there was daylight between the Top 2 and us. I take your point about the virus having an effect but even without it I don't think we were going to mount much of a challenge to either of the Grand Finalists or Geelong.