Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MCC Membership

Post Thanks / Like

MCC Membership

I just wanted to started a thread about MCC Membership. Even though this thread is not directly Bulldogs related I was wondering if any WOOFERS have got one or are on the waiting list still. Im currently still on the waiting list. For the WOOFERS who are MCC members do you think you get good value out of it despite the Doggies not playing very much at the MCG.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MCC Membership

This thread would probably be more suited to the AFL talk board.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never considered joining the MCC as the only advantages I guess are whether you want access the facilities such as dining etc or want to go to more matches (other than seeing the dogs), or cricket.

The MCG is such a beautiful stadium that you can sit anywhere and enjoy the same view. I do get access on some days to the MCC area through my VRC membership.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have never considered joining the MCC as the only advantages I guess are whether you want access the facilities such as dining etc or want to go to more matches (other than seeing the dogs), or cricket.

The MCG is such a beautiful stadium that you can sit anywhere and enjoy the same view. I do get access on some days to the MCC area through my VRC membership.
    Yeah my uncle who is a half MCC Member and who is a Melbourne Supporter sometimes gets me into the MCC such as when Collingwood and Hawthorn played in the prelim final as my brother is a Collingwood supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah my uncle who is a half MCC Member and who is a Melbourne Supporter sometimes gets me into the MCC such as when Collingwood and Hawthorn played in the prelim final as my brother is a Collingwood supporter.
    ?? So he only gets to see half a game?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    ?? So he only gets to see half a game?
    I believe one difference between a full MCC Member and half MCC member is the Grand Final. Full MCC Members get in while Half MCC Members can go to all the finals and other events except the Grand Final.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to started a thread about MCC Membership. Even though this thread is not directly Bulldogs related I was wondering if any WOOFERS have got one or are on the waiting list still. Im currently still on the waiting list. For the WOOFERS who are MCC members do you think you get good value out of it despite the Doggies not playing very much at the MCG.
    I have been a full member for 15 years but for WB members it's value is limited unless you are keen enough to watch some of the big games at the MCG when we are not competing and also if you are a keen cricket fan then you do have access to member facilities. It is a great venue if you support Collingwood given that they play at least 14 home and away games each year at the 'G'. My thinking is that it comes down to personal choice and whether you can see yourself using it enough to get sufficient value.

9. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe one difference between a full MCC Member and half MCC member is the Grand Final. Full MCC Members get in while Half MCC Members can go to all the finals and other events except the Grand Final.
    It is called Restricted Membership not Half Membership. When you qualify for Full Membership the annual cost goes up to cover the Grand Final admission. Restricted members also don't have voting rights.

It would be cheaper for me to simply pay admission when I go to the G, but I wouldn't give up my membership. I plan to live there most weekends when I retire.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    It is called Restricted Membership not Half Membership. When you qualify for Full Membership the annual cost goes up to cover the Grand Final admission. Restricted members also don't have voting rights.

It would be cheaper for me to simply pay admission when I go to the G, but I wouldn't give up my membership. I plan to live there most weekends when I retire.
    Thats right its called a restricted membership. Thanks for clearing that up Before I Die.

Post Thanks / Like

If you know someone who is in the MCC they can get you a guest pass to go in there. Ive done that a few times when Ive gone with my brother who is a Collingwood supporter as of course Im still on the waiting list. Its a shame the Dogs don't play more often at the MCG then you would get great use out of it. The facilitates in the MCC are very good. There is a pub there and a Red Rooster. I believe MCC Membership also has some links with Etihad as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an MCC member. I definitely get good value out of it. Particularly in 2008,09,10 when we were in 3 finals in each year.

Regardless of us being there - I always end up going to a few finals there, some neutral games during the year, a couple of days of the Test and the odd one dayer or twenty20 domestic occasionally straight after work if the Vics are playing a Thursday night or something like that.

Generally its a good social sort of thing - that other MCC member mates and I will get a bit of a group together and go in the dining room or long room for lunch/dinner and drinks.

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm an MCC member. I definitely get good value out of it. Particularly in 2008,09,10 when we were in 3 finals in each year.

Regardless of us being there - I always end up going to a few finals there, some neutral games during the year, a couple of days of the Test and the odd one dayer or twenty20 domestic occasionally straight after work if the Vics are playing a Thursday night or something like that.

Generally its a good social sort of thing - that other MCC member mates and I will get a bit of a group together and go in the dining room or long room for lunch/dinner and drinks.
    Are you a restricted MCC member or full MCC member Ozza.

Post Thanks / Like

Restricted still. Have been a restricted member for 11 years. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me at this stage - as I haven't wanted to go to a Grand Final - and could get tickets elsewhere if the dogs made it before I become full member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Restricted still. Have been a restricted member for 11 years. Which doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference to me at this stage - as I haven't wanted to go to a Grand Final - and could get tickets elsewhere if the dogs made it before I become full member.
    Still very good. My Uncle is restricted as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Got an email in regards to MCC Membership. Was nominated way back in October 2004 so fall into the category now.

Email said:
    The MCC Committee has determined the latest intake of Provisional members for the 2020/21 membership season.

Waiting list candidates who were nominated from April 1, 2002 to November 30, 2004 inclusive will be offered Provisional membership.

If you fall into this category, you will receive an offer of membership in mid-July.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes Twodogs liked this post