Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MCC Membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MCC Membership

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Got an email in regards to MCC Membership. Was nominated way back in October 2004 so fall into the category now.

Email said:
    The MCC Committee has determined the latest intake of Provisional members for the 2020/21 membership season.

Waiting list candidates who were nominated from April 1, 2002 to November 30, 2004 inclusive will be offered Provisional membership.

If you fall into this category, you will receive an offer of membership in mid-July.
    Nice congrats. My nomination date is 2012 so gettingcloser !

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an email in regards to MCC Membership. Was nominated way back in October 2004 so fall into the category now.

Email said:
    The MCC Committee has determined the latest intake of Provisional members for the 2020/21 membership season.

Waiting list candidates who were nominated from April 1, 2002 to November 30, 2004 inclusive will be offered Provisional membership.

If you fall into this category, you will receive an offer of membership in mid-July.
    Double post

Post Thanks / Like

Email said:

We need more doggies games at the MCG Easty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    We need more doggies games at the MCG Easty.
    Yeah even though we don’t play there that much it comes in handy for those neutral games, finals games, cricket and other events there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...08-18.1213515/

From Big Footy

August 31, 2018 - MCC breakdown for MCC supporters who nominated their team of support out of the 131,797 financial MCC members

No surprises there

Melbourne 22,932 - 17.4%

Essendon 17,792 - 13.5%

Collingwood 15,947 - 12.1%

Carlton 12,784 - 9.7%

Richmond 11,729 - 8.9%

Hawthorn 11,070 - 8.4%

Geelong 10,939 - 8.3%

St.Kilda 7,248 - 5.5%

North Melbourne 4,217 - 3.2%

Western Bulldogs 3,294 - 2.5%

Sydney 3,163 - 2.4%

Brisbane 3,163 - 2.4%

Other teams 1,845 - 1.4%

No team listed 6,853 - 5.2%
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So given your nomination year you’ll probably get an offer for provisional MCC membership in 2028.

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...08-18.1213515/

From Big Footy

August 31, 2018 - MCC breakdown for MCC supporters who nominated their team of support out of the 131,797 financial MCC members

No surprises there

Melbourne 22,932 - 17.4%

Essendon 17,792 - 13.5%

Collingwood 15,947 - 12.1%

Carlton 12,784 - 9.7%

Richmond 11,729 - 8.9%

Hawthorn 11,070 - 8.4%

Geelong 10,939 - 8.3%

St.Kilda 7,248 - 5.5%

North Melbourne 4,217 - 3.2%

Western Bulldogs 3,294 - 2.5%

Sydney 3,163 - 2.4%

Brisbane 3,163 - 2.4%

Other teams 1,845 - 1.4%

No team listed 6,853 - 5.2%
    I'm an MCC member, and am a little surprised by this list. I know Essendon and Collingwood have huge supporter bases, but anectdotelly the matches with Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong have always seemed the busiest in the members.

As for the dogs only having 3,294 members - also surprisingly low. If I think of the Dogs/Hawks semi final in 2016 - it felt like a hell of a lot more in the members that night - so our supporters must have been quick to get a hold of visitors passes!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm an MCC member, and am a little surprised by this list. I know Essendon and Collingwood have huge supporter bases, but anectdotelly the matches with Richmond, Hawthorn and Geelong have always seemed the busiest in the members.

As for the dogs only having 3,294 members - also surprisingly low. If I think of the Dogs/Hawks semi final in 2016 - it felt like a hell of a lot more in the members that night - so our supporters must have been quick to get a hold of visitors passes!!!
    There could be more Bulldog/MCC people possibly in the category no team listed (6,853 in that category)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm 2009 ... five years to go maybe ??
    WOOF Member 422

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I'm 2009 ... five years to go maybe ??
    Yeah probably another 5 years till you get that offer.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last intake? It's interesting that they just accepted 2.5 years worth of nominations in one hit.

Either there hadn't been an intake for a couple of years or there has been a drop off in membership through either natural attrition or perhaps financial pressures on members in the current climate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    When was the last intake? It's interesting that they just accepted 2.5 years worth of nominations in one hit.

Either there hadn't been an intake for a couple of years or there has been a drop off in membership through either natural attrition or perhaps financial pressures on members in the current climate?
    It may be down to the adjusted categories that have come in the last 2-3 years. It used to be that there was either Restricted or Full memberships. Now that they have added 'Provisional' the club has probably taken some time to work out how many Provisional memberships they can offer/add to the overall active members.

17. Thanks Eastdog, Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It may be down to the adjusted categories that have come in the last 2-3 years. It used to be that there was either Restricted or Full memberships. Now that they have added 'Provisional' the club has probably taken some time to work out how many Provisional memberships they can offer/add to the overall active members.
    They let in a heap when they added the provisional membership category didn't they? I guess they may have adjusted to add even more.

I'm 2013 so still a while to go but probably not as long as it looked like being 7 years ago.

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Woofers MCC nominations dates projected offer for provisional MCC membership might change only an estimate

Eastdog - 2020
    Grantysghost - 2028
    Axe Man - 2029
    Scraggers - 2025

Woof MCC members looking at this thread

Ozza
    Nuggety Back Pocket
    Before I Die
    Last edited by Eastdog; 07-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...07-p55jgx.html

“The AFL, like the Melbourne Cricket Club, has reduced its annual subscription by some 30 per cent. The MCC will offer a further 30 per cent reduction to members suffering financial hardship - and has also had a relatively small drop-off, which is remarkable given the dearth of football at the MCG and Marvel”.