Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MCC Membership

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MCC Membership

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....21-p54v8j.html

From May 2020

MCC offers members fee relief, hardship scheme

The Melbourne Cricket Club will offer a 30 per cent annual fee discount to its 130,000 members, and more if they can demonstrate financial hardship. For a full adult member, that represents a saving of at least $200.

In revealing the fee relief, president Michael Happell said: "We don't want someone who's temporarily in financial difficulty because of the crisis to have to give up something they waited 20 years to get and have to go back to the bottom of the waiting list again."

That waiting list presently is about 20 years and 215,000 people long.

"We've got such a large membership, and our membership is such a broad cross-section of Melbourne," said Happell. "Of our 130,000 members, I have no doubt there are many suffering financial hardship. If those getting JobKeeper are a certain percentage of the workforce, there's no reason to think it wouldn't be the same for our membership.

"Media tend to love the folklore of the MCC being this exclusive club. That's just rubbish. The only level of exclusivity comes from the long wait to join. We have members from all different walks of life, and we're very proud of that, and that's why we think it's really important that we have this hardship scheme in place."

In a letter to members on Thursday night, Happell said: "In normal circumstances, we would not offer specific relief to those in financial hardship, but we believe the extraordinary crisis we currently face does call for this."

Happell said the level of relief under the hardship provision had not yet been settled. "It will be material," he said.

The MCC has not put a figure on the likely cost of its discount scheme. Typically, about 40 per cent of the club's revenue comes from membership, the rest from games and events. In the near future, there will be less from one source and none from the other. Meantime, the club has stood down or reduced the hours of 80 per cent of its staff.

"Our revenue model is dramatically compromised as a result of the crisis and the revenue from managing the ground will not return in any significant form until crowds at games can return," Happell wrote to members. Elaborating to The Age, he said: "We have to make sure that no matter how bad things get, our club is healthy coming out the tail end of it."

As all sports bodies are striving to retain members while offering them less or nothing, MCC feels that it walks a doubly delicate tightrope because it runs both a vast club and a year-round ground. It provides not just games, but an all-purpose, all-seasons venue.

It means that in the last year, for instance, the club has spent about $50 million on upgrades to the sound system, the light towers and the Australian Sports Museum. It also means it is still carrying "very significant debt" from the rebuild of the Northern Stand for the 2006 Commonwealth Games. Mooted further work to refurbish the southern side of the ground will probably have to wait now.

"The fact that we manage the MCG and we do that in an integrated way with running the club is not well understood by the public, and is not well understood by a lot of our members," Happell said.

A further complexity is that MCC membership year is off-set from AFL and football club memberships years, running from September 1. It means current members already have had access to last year's footy finals and last summer's cricket. This explains why the MCC is offering a discount on next year's membership rather than a refund on this year's.

As well as discounts, the club is offering for the first time a payment plan. But it also hopes those who can afford it will waive the discount altogether.

No more than any other sporting body can the MCC predict what comes next but in Happell's letter to members, he concedes that live AFL games this year are "increasingly unlikely".

The status of the T20 cricket World Cup slated for October is also uncertain, but if there is a clash between it and the AFL grand final, Happell is clear. "We have a contract with cricket for the World Cup," he said. "If within the constraints of that contractual arrangement we can still accommodate AFL, we'll obviously try to do that."
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Going to the post office on Monday to lodge my MCC membership form as they need to verify your identity. There will soon be another Western Bulldogs member on WOOF joining the MCC as on the form as an option asks you your AFL team of support. When a Full member eventually will come in handy for those finals we play at the G.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 29-08-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Going to the post office on Monday to lodge my MCC membership form as they need to verify your identity. There will soon be another Western Bulldogs member on WOOF joining the MCC as on the form as an option asks you your AFL team of support. When a Full member eventually will come in handy for those finals we play at the G.
    MCC membership form lodged and paid now just to wait on the membership card in the mail.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an email today welcoming me to the MCC as a provisional member. Membership card has been sent out but may be postage delays. Also there is reciprocal club rights with Marvel Stadium as well.

https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-member...marvel-stadium

MCC members at Marvel Stadium - 2020 AFL season

ACCESS

MCC members are permitted to purchase one ticket for themselves and one guest ticket (subject to availability) to Level 2 Gold Reserve seating in the Centre Wing members’ area at Marvel Stadium for home and away matches. There are no access rights for AFL finals matches. Please note that Marvel Stadium’s ticket agency is Ticketmaster, not Ticketek.

Ticket prices are $55 for MCC members. Guest ticket prices are $75 (adults) and $25 (child 3-15 years of age).

Prices are inclusive of GST and Ticketmaster booking and service fees.
    TICKET PURCHASE METHODS

Ticketmaster booking line 136 100
    Ticketmaster outlets
    Via Ticketmaster website at www.ticketmaster.com.au
    Marvel Stadium ticket windows on match day, subject to availability.

MCC members must provide the valid barcode number located on their membership card when booking tickets by phone and website, or present their membership card for scanning when purchasing tickets at the designated Ticketmaster outlets or at Marvel Stadium on match day.

Purchase Centre Wing Tickets
    TICKET PRE-PURCHASE PERIOD

Members will now be able to purchase tickets in the weeks leading up to matches - refer to the schedule below for on sale dates for each round of matches.

2020 Centre Wing On Sale Date Schedule

Instead of scanning the membership card at the turnstiles, MCC members must be in possession of a valid event ticket to enter Marvel Stadium.
    MARVEL STADIUM FACILITIES

Members are entitled to utilise the following facilities at Marvel Stadium:
    The Centre Wing Members' Bar - The Social Club - upon presentation of a valid Centre Wing event ticket
    All retail outlets located within the Centre Wing area of Level 2
    The LiveWire entertainment complex on Level 2, which includes The Studio Restaurant, Captains' Bar, EJ Whitten Bar and Legends Bar.

Members are entitled to pre-book a table in The Studio Restaurant for all home and away matches. Reservations can be made by calling 03 8625 7666.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 26-09-2020 at 07:04 PM.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got an email today welcoming me to the MCC as a provisional member. Membership card has been sent out but may be postage delays. Also there is reciprocal club rights with Marvel Stadium as well.

https://www.mcc.org.au/my-mcc-member...marvel-stadium
    Well done Easty.

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Well done Easty.
    Thanks B4L. In future years there will be a few more woofers as well joining who are currently on the waiting list.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my Provisional MCC membership card today.

Next to renew my Doggies membership for 2021 when that updates.

12. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're a regular blue blood now Eastie! Make sure you remember us when you're voting to take over the world!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    You're a regular blue blood now Eastie! Make sure you remember us when you're voting to take over the world!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that promise you made to take me to the long room Easty.

What's that? You've forgotten already?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

18. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be better when it is a full membership. Great access to finals and just to AFL other neutral games during the year given we don’t play at the G much. Also great for the cricket season and other events at the G.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Danny’s banners are great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Who dis? - Twodogs who?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

22. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

I thought he said he would take to you with a long broom if you ever approach him?

24. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I thought he said he would take to you with a long broom if you ever approach him?
    No it was "Because I have a such a terrible memory for these things make sure to remind me that I asked you to the to the boxing day test. We will watch from the long room" as I remember it.

Actually all jokes aside I can't see any of us going to the MCG anytime soon.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite