Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liam Jarrah

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jarrah

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226293844854

Obviously someones done wrong in the tribe.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liam Jarrah

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226293844854

Obviously someones done wrong in the tribe.
    Obviously? I suppose, you know, someone's been attacked with a machete.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to be very interesting to see how this story develops.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we've been all involved with the odd machete attack throughout our lifetimes, it always ends in tears.

I don't know anything about the situation but I hope he is cleared of any wrong doing, I enjoy watching him play football and his story is an interesting one I have enjoyed following.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I think we've been all involved with the odd machete attack throughout our lifetimes, it always ends in tears.

I don't know anything about the situation but I hope he is cleared of any wrong doing, I enjoy watching him play football and his story is an interesting one I have enjoyed following.
    I've never been in one that ended in cup cakes and sprinkles. Your way with words in this instance made me laugh, out loud.

Liam Jurrah is an interesting person, for many reasons, most of which as far as well all know to this point revolve around his heritage and his talent. I guess we're likely to find out a lot more of the things that make him the man he is over the next few days. I'm not sure a lot of it is going to be pretty, and I'm not sure many of the people that will be commenting on it within the traditional media or social media will be as sensitive as they need to be throughout it. I hope I'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Charges have been laid.

Horrible situation.

Post Thanks / Like

He pleaded not guilty and is back in Melbourne on bail, banned from alcohol, seems like a drink problem.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    He pleaded not guilty and is back in Melbourne on bail, banned from alcohol, seems like a drink problem.
    Ledge, it is more complicated than that. There is a man in hospital with severe head wounds and another arrested and not given bail. Liam has said he didn't do it but the courts will decide in May.

Liam is torn between being an elite athlete playing AFL and a tribal elder where he has to deal with issues in the traditional ways. You need to read more about it before making a comment like that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ledge, it is more complicated than that. There is a man in hospital with severe head wounds and another arrested and not given bail. Liam has said he didn't do it but the courts will decide in May.

Liam is torn between being an elite athlete playing AFL and a tribal elder where he has to deal with issues in the traditional ways. You need to read more about it before making a comment like that.
    Good post.

Though Ledge might not be too far off the mark with respect to alcohol being involved, as its negative affects on individual behaviour is a bloody horrible reality that faces remote indigenous communities (not to mention multi-cultural or traditionally white metropolitan communities in Australia), and if Liam has a problem with it then it needs to be managed just like anyone else.

Over simplifying all of his particular community's issues as being alcohol related would be short sighted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I was just pointing to the fact that alcohol must be in it somehow for the judge to ban it.... now mine is fact.
    All this other stuff him being an elder and the problems associated with it etc etc, is actually all speculation by the media as the reason this happened.
    Not saying it is or isnt part of it, it could be but fact is at the moment he has been banned from alcohol and had pleaded not guilty, that tells us alcohol had some involvement and for the judge to ban it means he thinks it might take part of the blame.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

A good article giving a small insight into the situation

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

I put the shoe on the other foot no way could we live in there culture, eating witchety grubs is scary enough for me to come home, i agree how hard it would be to live in ours?

Sadly this might become the all too hard basket for AFL clubs, but was it meant to be anyway?
    Zeph Skinners article was good about homesick etc he is fairdinkum trying his hardest to overcome it, what a pull footy or family, i know my family comes first.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel for the young fella could not imagine what is going on in that head of his.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    A good article giving a small insight into the situation

LINK
    yes this is a good insight into the real situation.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.