Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Pick 5

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trade Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Id be more inetrested in Kosi, as a tall goto-forward which would also free up Johnno.. Kosi can also do a little bit of Ruck work..why not throw the pick#5 to saints i say.
    Just re-signed - Heffernan rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead, Thorp, Reid.

Ryder and Gumbleton are WA boys, if they were involved they would go straight to West Coast.

Not too many others.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there something about Ryder I'm missing. He goes ok, but I think he's an ok skinny ruckman who I'm not sure can hold down a KPP. He's been helped by Sheedy throwing his name out there at every opportunity. I reckon there's a bunch of better prospects out there.
    Of course in the words of Homer "I have a history of missing the point"
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Is there something about Ryder I'm missing.
    IMO, there are still queries in relation to his commitment to each and every contest. Not the type of player we need in a Bulldogs jumper.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Given its very unlikely that Roughead, Reid or Thorp will be traded we should keep the pick and take another developing tall to add to Everitt, Williams and Minson.

Everyone sprouts off about how Hawthorn did the right think taking Roughead and Franklin and now that we have an opportunity to do similar and take a big at #5 we are talking about trading the pick - doesn't make sense to me

Post Thanks / Like

What about a Bate or Dunn?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Given its very unlikely that Roughead, Reid or Thorp will be traded we should keep the pick and take another developing tall to add to Everitt, Williams and Minson.

Everyone sprouts off about how Hawthorn did the right think taking Roughead and Franklin and now that we have an opportunity to do similar and take a big at #5 we are talking about trading the pick - doesn't make sense to me
    Yeah but most of us are talking about doing it to get one of the very players you speak of only with a year or two of development in them already. If you could snare a Thorpe, Roughhead, Read or a player along those lines then why wouldn't you have a go at it? You have had a chance to see how they are coming along in the AFL system. It doesn't matter if we draft them or we have traded for them as long as we get them. If we cant get that sort of player then of course we hold onto our pick but if we had any chance to get a quality young tall already in the system then I think you have to go for it. With draft picks we have no guarantees.

I think you were pretty much agreeing with that anyway just wasn't sure. I dont think the club would be silly enough to look at trading it for anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    What about a Bate or Dunn?
    I like both players but not worth a pick 5. My brother thinks we should try and get Robbo packaged with one of those 2 for pick 5. Not sure thats the way to go personally. Its really hard to gauge the value of draft picks each year I reckon. When you look through the lists of top 10 picks over the last 5 years their are alot of average players but its also where most of the emerging stars come from. Gotta back in your recruiting managers call I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney - 2003
    Ray - 2003
    Griffen - 2004
    Williams - 2004
    Higgins - 2005
    Everitt - 2006
    ==============

Our best young players - and those who look most likely to play 10 afl seasons - have been our first picks. We should keep the pick.

If we can get someone like Thorp, Gumbleton or maybe Reid for the pick - 1 year of development in a top tenner from last year - then fine. Beyond that, we should hang tough and take the pick.

There are no quick fixes...only a quick road to another 5 years of misery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Cooney - 2003
    Ray - 2003
    Griffen - 2004
    Williams - 2004
    Higgins - 2005
    Everitt - 2006
    ==============

Our best young players - and those who look most likely to play 10 afl seasons - have been our first picks. We should keep the pick.

If we can get someone like Thorp, Gumbleton or maybe Reid for the pick - 1 year of development in a top tenner from last year - then fine. Beyond that, we should hang tough and take the pick.

totally agree. we shouldnt use pick 5 for a quick fix..eg: robbo or the likes. draft a kid that will hopefully play 200+ games for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney - 2003
    Ray - 2003
    Griffen - 2004
    Williams - 2004
    Higgins - 2005
    Everitt - 2006
    ==============

Yeah, I agree, although some of our best players who are a few years older such as Cross, Gilbee and Harris have come from later picks in the draft, they've been pretty few and far between, I'd hate to see us waste our pick on someone that doesn't make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney - 2003
    Ray - 2003
    Griffen - 2004
    Williams - 2004
    Higgins - 2005
    Everitt - 2006
    ==============

Yes there have been some bizarre multi-player packages of ordinary and good players suggested for our Pick 5.

I'd much rather one bottle of Grange than a pallet load of cask wine.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely hold onto pick 5.
    McGregor and Hudson certainly aren't worth it as some Crows on BF are suggesting.
    Although I've drunk a pallet load of cask wine in my life but no Grange.

Just don't tell anyone Street cost us pick 20. Imagine what they'll charge us for a decent ruckman these days.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Cooney - 2003
    Ray - 2003
    Griffen - 2004
    Williams - 2004
    Higgins - 2005
    Everitt - 2006
    ==============

Absolutely - my view is that we keep our first two selections - Take the best player at no.5 and then try to get your lovechild with our seoond pick mjp.

Clayton has had little trouble selecting elite talent that early in the draft. Whilst Cooney, Ray, Griffen, Williams, Higgins and Everitt have question marks over them, and this summer should reveal a lot about their character - there is little doubting their raw talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

Agree, unless a club very keen to land Judd was to offer up say a top line prospect who has been in the system for one or 2 years I would vote to keep our pick 5 and develop from within.