Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hudson keen to boost Dogs' big-man stocks

In regards to the PSD I guess a lot of that depends on how keen Richmond and Carlton are to sign a 29 year old ruck whose done a knee and is intent on coming to the Dogs on a 3 year deal. Obviously, it wouldn't be a sure thing, but a risk that I'd be prepared to take if the Crows try to do something ridiculous (such as a McMahon + Tiller package for example that was suggested in todays Advertiser, BAH!).

As far as trading Tiller, I agree that I'd be reluctant to do it too - I have genuinely liked what I have seen of him so far, and I think he has an excellent platform as far as his shape to certainly develop into a key forward. I guess a lot of it depends on if we get another forward somewhere else during trade week or whatever.

I certainly wouldn't want to be trading McMahon, Gia or a 2nd Rounder for Hudson, as has been suggested in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder who would be the most concerned right now out of Minson and Street?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I wonder who would be the most concerned right now out of Minson and Street?
    Doubt it would be Minson even though he needs to pick up his game.
    Street is older and at his second club and just as badly performed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hudson sounds like a good fit for us because he would improve both our ruck-stocks and our contested work once the ball hits the ground - I think it's been said before that he's like a poor man's version of the pre-injured Darcy.

Very important that we don't pay over the odds for him though. Been rumoured for a little while now that he wants to come to the dogs and that he doesn't like Craig, so we should be able to use this to our advantage. I suspect (and hope) that the three-year million dollar asking price was a way of showing the Crows that they couldn't afford to keep him. It might also scare of the other VIC clubs and make the Crows give him for less than they want rather than let him go for nothing in the PSD.

Hudson's age and prior injuries mean he's definitely not worth our second pick or McMahon or Gia. I'd be happy to hand over Street for him though and a very late pick or a downgrade of late picks I know this is unlikely but Street's clearly shown the ability to tap the ball exactly where Adelaide like it, the only question is to whether he could do this intentionally...

Post Thanks / Like

prefer to give away more and get wood. 3 yrs time u have a good ruckman, with hudson , in 3 yrs time u have nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post

Hudson's age and prior injuries mean he's definitely not worth our second pick or McMahon or Gia. I'd be happy to hand over Street for him though and a very late pick or a downgrade of late picks I know this is unlikely but Street's clearly shown the ability to tap the ball exactly where Adelaide like it, the only question is to whether he could do this intentionally...
    Excellent post - makes sense and provides laughs

Post Thanks / Like

Streety can do the job
    Do you forget that he near won us the game kicking a big goal on the run

he played a massive role in our win over geelong in round 4 last year.

stop putting the big fella down, gee he kicked TV lukes butt this year

I would take Hudson for sure, Minson has not really had a mentor especially a tough 1

without Scotty Wynd i dont think darc would have met the level

Minson, Street and Skipper are no Paul Dooley thank christ!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    prefer to give away more and get wood. 3 yrs time u have a good ruckman, with hudson , in 3 yrs time u have nothing.
    I suppose it depends on how good they think Cordy and any other developing ruck will be.
    I'm happy to go Hudson for 3 years, hoping by then Minson is good and 1 or 2 others coming through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    Streety can do the job
    Do you forget that he near won us the game kicking a big goal on the run

he played a massive role in our win over geelong in round 4 last year.

stop putting the big fella down, gee he kicked TV lukes butt this year

I would take Hudson for sure, Minson has not really had a mentor especially a tough 1

without Scotty Wynd i dont think darc would have met the level

Minson, Street and Skipper are no Paul Dooley thank christ!!!!
    This is a BF quality post.

WOOF is for Bulldogs supporters with some grip on reality. BF is for talking crap.

Peter Street is a hack, end of story..

Post Thanks / Like

yeah fair enough

Street is a Hack, cant help but laugh at the big fella

guess you could send his photo in to the Footy Show for a Garry Lyon Look Alike

Post Thanks / Like

im iffy on husdon...he would be good for the club, not afraid to get his hands dirty and is decent around the ground. IF we got him then surely street would be gone.

I think a fair trade would be mcmahon and pick 38 for hudson and mcgregor.

thought?

HOWEVER i would prefer to go after wood.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to take Hudson, but only for 2 years and for marginally less than what he apparently wants (1 million over 3 years). Although i would rather go after Cameron Wood.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to take Hudson on the proviso that he comes cheap.
    Still think Street would be retained for depth. Nobody would want to trade for him.
    Bloody big Seagull alert around Point Gellibrand next year
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

What is to stop us for going for both Hudson and Wood? We have delisted 6 players - freeing up some room in the salary cap. Three young players we should pick up in the draft, two ruckman and possibly Robertson or McGregor as a makeshift full forward while Tiller develops - that makes six?
    I don't think we need to reruit anyone for the backline, especially as doogs seems to be doing well playing there as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    What is to stop us for going for both Hudson and Wood? We have delisted 6 players - freeing up some room in the salary cap. Three young players we should pick up in the draft, two ruckman and possibly Robertson or McGregor as a makeshift full forward while Tiller develops - that makes six?
    I don't think we need to reruit anyone for the backline, especially as doogs seems to be doing well playing there as well.
    The only things that would stop us is having too many ruckman on the list, the cost and the belief we have gone for too many trades and not young draftees.