Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs Trigger Ward/Reid Compo Picks

Remember when Clarkson arrived at the Hawks?
    He swung the axe and traded out 'the heart and soul of the club'.
    Loved players like Thompson and Hay were traded and they ate shit for a couple of years.

Now they've won a flag and have more members than ever.

Would you rather scrape one more year out of Hargreave, or retire him to open up a spot in what people are calling the greatest draft of all time. Same with Gilbee.
    I'd trade Higgins if someone wanted him. I'd trade Grant if someone wanted him.
    I'd take 5 wooden spoons in a row if it meant we'd win a flag at the end of it.
    Last edited by Dancin' Douggy; 23-03-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: editing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    We'd trade both in a heartbeat if we picked up a buddy equivalent coming up the ranks. Would you trade them for Patton? My only point being nearly everything is on the table all the time and it's a good time to do it if we we're going to IMO.
    That's a ridiculous analogy.

A Buddy equivalent? In what world would any club trade away a "Buddy equivalent" for Grant and Higgins, even if they have decent seasons? And If they had seasons where their value was worthy of this trade, why would we trade them?

And why would GWS take Grant and Higgins for Patton?

Sure, nearly everything is on the table all the time. However, if you trade out an average player you're only going to get an average player back in return. Very few players would attract trade offers that would be more valuable to the club than keeping the player. Thats why players are almost always only traded when they demand out.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

A third round pick is looking a pretty good deal given Sam Reid couldn't even crack it for a game in a team full of teenagers, he's an emergency for tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    That's a ridiculous analogy.

A Buddy equivalent? In what world would any club trade away a "Buddy equivalent" for Grant and Higgins, even if they have decent seasons? And If they had seasons where their value was worthy of this trade, why would we trade them?

And why would GWS take Grant and Higgins for Patton?

Sure, nearly everything is on the table all the time. However, if you trade out an average player you're only going to get an average player back in return. Very few players would attract trade offers that would be more valuable to the club than keeping the player. Thats why players are almost always only traded when they demand out.
    Unless there is a player that fits a specific need on either side of the fence, and the deal can get done.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 24-03-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

They might offer up reasonable picks for them though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    A third round pick is looking a pretty good deal given Sam Reid couldn't even crack it for a game in a team full of teenagers, he's an emergency for tonight.
    Any pick for a guy who would have been delisted is good business.
    Staggered he didn't get a look in, and in particular against the Swans!

Post Thanks / Like

2 picks for Scully & 1 for Ward still makes me sick. Sick to my guts. I will only accept a cloned Grant or Hawkins or a re-incarnated Whitten with this pick.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGentStand View Post
    2 picks for Scully & 1 for Ward still makes me sick. Sick to my guts. I will only accept a cloned Grant or Hawkins or a re-incarnated Whitten with this pick.
    But we did get picks for Reid and Hudson.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Not 1st rounders! Sure the Reid pick was a dodgy attempted sweetener. I just believe that Ward will have a terriffic career , the = of Scully at very least. I dont believe in forgetting injustices and want justice if I cant get retribution
    And another thing......I think pseudo coach Mark Williams may have swallowed a mattress. Good grief Charlie Brown!
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Not 1st rounders! Sure the Reid pick was a dodgy attempted sweetener. I just believe that Ward will have a terriffic career , the = of Scully at very least. I dont believe in forgetting injustices and want justice if I cant get retribution
    And another thing......I think pseudo coach Mark Williams may have swallowed a mattress. Good grief Charlie Brown!
    We picked up Ward for McMahon we might get even better with the Ward pick, thats a pretty awesome return for McMahon

Williams chubbed up a few years ago then lost it, now he has banged it on again.
    Michael Long is my biggest shock.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Ward / McMahon was a trade & amounts to zero right now.
    That was due to the madness of Plough, not an AFL edict to pillage lists.
    As it stands we have lost our cow for a magic bean. Let's hope it's a lucky bean!

Post Thanks / Like

It sucks man. I could hardly watch it last night . I hold nothing against young Callan for going
    but gee it's a bitter pill to swallow. I have no doubt he would have reached the
    same status as a grant, johnson, hawkins etc...we got screwed bigtime on this one. theres no other way to look at it. 4 years from now we could be watching him hold up the premiership cup for gws while we are top 6 or thereabouts ..not an unlikely scenario

Post Thanks / Like

It's the curse of the Ron James award - first Harbrow then Ward -- who do we lose next?

Post Thanks / Like

Mulligan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Mulligan?
    Hahaha.... let's vote for him NOW!!!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]