Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jim Stynes - Dies

Big in the game and much bigger in life. He has touched so many and will be sadly missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. May they be comforted by the knowledge that he lived life to the fullest, never left any stone unturned, loved his family and those around him unconditionally and he is now without pain and in Gods kingdom. Well it may be goodbye it is not, so long, you will always be remembered.

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to hear this news today. A champion on and off the field, his tireless fight against the ravages of the horrible disease that took him, was more inspiring than you can express. The world is a poorer place without Jim Stynes. Deepest sympathy to his friends and family.

After fighting with every ounce of strength he could muster, may he rest in peace.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Legend of the game and of life
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have a beer for Jimmy Stynes. My mum has stage 4 ovarian cancer at the moment. I think his attitude had a great influence on her. She is really trying to get the most out of life, as Big Jim did- massive heart. Will be sadly missed.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

RIP Gentleman Jim. You were an amazing man. May you rest easy. Your legacy will live on.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing man he is, so sad to see him lose his fight. Everything he did on the field showed heart but the things he did off the field showed even more. He couldn't have been a better ambassador for not only afl but mankind in general. Much love to his fam and those close him, and also the whole Melbourne F.c. RIP.

Post Thanks / Like

In the lead up to the round 4 clash, it will be Jim Stynes tribute week. We happen to play Melbourne in round 4 & whilst I'd like to win, there are more important things than a game of footy.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    In the lead up to the round 4 clash, it will be Jim Stynes tribute week. We happen to play Melbourne in round 4 & whilst I'd like to win, there are more important things than a game of footy.
    I'll make sure to wear a green armband if I get to go to the game. My little tribute, though not nearly enough. A black armband just wouldn't seem appropriate for a man who brought so much colour to so many lives.

Post Thanks / Like

RIP to Jim Stynes - what an inspirational person, great footballer, fought to the very end. My heart goes out to his family.

Post Thanks / Like

A very sad day. Such an iron horse on the field, so sad to see him gone so young.

Post Thanks / Like

God speed Jim - a truly courageous and warm spirited man on and off the field. You fought a brave battle and taught us all so much along the way. RIP Jim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I'm going to have a beer for Jimmy Stynes. My mum has stage 4 ovarian cancer at the moment. I think his attitude had a great influence on her. She is really trying to get the most out of life, as Big Jim did- massive heart. Will be sadly missed.
    Very sad for Jims family, RIP Jim.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Ghost just a terrible thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Very hard and sad story to digest. Jim Stynes was an excellent example of the species, a greatly talented person that understood that using his talent for self benefit would have been wasteful in a lot of ways. Kudos to him for living an idealistic lifestyle because he could, and wanted to.

Cancer is a bitch. Nothing more, nothing less. It is unscrupulous in its targeting and attack on victims.