Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs making inroads: Higgins

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    When Higs has won a GF off his own boot, he can tell anyone to stand anywhere he likes. Huge difference in output and respect level. I doubt that Stevie J was telling anyone where to stand when he got his 5 game suspension from the team for being a dick.
    "Oh the old when he wins a premiership line". I knew it was coming.
    Yes Higgins is the sole reason why we have not won a premiership and Stevie J is the sole reason Geelong have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    "Oh the old when he wins a premiership line". I knew it was coming.
    Yes Higgins is the sole reason why we have not won a premiership and Stevie J is the sole reason Geelong have.
    That's clearly what I said. Way to misrepresent dude. How about dealing with my actual point, which was that Stevie J has earnt the right to lead (and he certainly hadn't when he got his suspension for being a dick). Higs hasn't, not by a long way.

Actions speak louder than words (or pointing). How is that a controversial point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't agree with this?

Not sure really. He is such a confusing player. I will defer to the coach. At the end of the year I think we will know more about him.

From the outside it appears as though he needs to be more desperate but if the coach was not happy with his endeavour then I am sure he would be told very quickly.

Maybe he is cursed with looking laconic but is actually trying his heart out under it all.

He seems to be a fine upstanding citizen though and has teased with ability. Bottom line is he is no star at the moment and needs to be better.

I would preface these comments with the fact that I have no real right to judge him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Not sure really. He is such a confusing player. I will defer to the coach. At the end of the year I think we will know more about him.

From the outside it appears as though he needs to be more desperate but if the coach was not happy with his endeavour then I am sure he would be told very quickly.

Maybe he is cursed with looking laconic but is actually trying his heart out under it all.

He seems to be a fine upstanding citizen though and has teased with ability. Bottom line is he is no star at the moment and needs to be better.

I would preface these comments with the fact that I have no real right to judge him.
    I do agree he appears to look lazy, but some players just look that way. He must be regarded highly, BMAC making him Captain for the practise match versus North.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He is in danger of becoming the 'new gia' in terms of the level of abuse he is beginning
    to cop from frustrated fans at matches, with all the soft / lazy calls etc..

How much is reasonable to expect from him given his injuries? Will he forever only show
    glimpses and we just have to accept that level of output?
    Or is that fabled 'break out year' only just around the corner?

Does he cop it because he was pick 11 or 12 or whatever and was given the famous number 7 ?
    Or because he is good looking and an outside player (like gia).
    BTW I know the answers to none of the above! Higgins just confuses the hell out of me

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun also had that Thyroid problem last year.

Poor Bugger just can't win with some so called fans. Let's get off his back for a while can we?

Post Thanks / Like

No one is on his back. Simply just feel that he needs to establish himself as a player before doing all these media commitments. Just feel that these distractions are putting more pressure on him. All players on our list have noticeably been harder at the pill. But Higgins seems same old same old. Just want to see some improvement and hopefully round 1 we will see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asylum Ward View Post
    No one is on his back. Simply just feel that he needs to establish himself as a player before doing all these media commitments. Just feel that these distractions are putting more pressure on him. All players on our list have noticeably been harder at the pill. But Higgins seems same old same old. Just want to see some improvement and hopefully round 1 we will see it.
    I think you'll find that is part of being a professional athlete.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Either way, it's a huge year for Higgins.

He's done very little to date and needs to start producing if he's going to become a good footballer.