Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man'

Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man' treated like a 'demigod'

AFL loudmouth Jason Akermanis has attacked the late Jim Stynes as a "nasty man in his day'' who was being treated like a "demigod".

In an explosive radio interview with Mix 92.7 FM on Queensland's Sunshine Coast today, the former three-time Premiership-winning player said the public outpouring of sympathy and grief at the passing of Stynes, who lost his battle with cancer on Tuesday, was "overkill," the Daily Telegraph reported.

Stynes has been lauded as an inspirational player on and off the field, recognised for his youth work with the Reach Foundation.

He is expected to be honoured at a State funeral in Melbourne on Tuesday, before his ashes are returned to his home town in Ireland.

But Akermanis is unlikely to be among mourners, after telling breakfast hosts Mark Darin and Caroline Hutchinson Stynes "was a nasty man in his day. He had a nice turn of phrase and he made sure you knew how he felt.
    "What amazes me is yes, he was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter.''

"He got a State funeral - do all football players get a State funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?''

Akermanis was making his season debut on the station, part of the Southern Cross Austereo network.

More: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226307243326

There are no words....
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man'

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man' treated like a 'demigod'

There are no words....
    Now the whole world knows what sort of a mented moron this bloke is.

Post Thanks / Like

He is a moron.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Aker and the way he said it was wrong, calling him a "nasty man" was stupid and insensitive but i think this part of his statement was the point he was trying to make and i kind of agree

[B]"What amazes me is yes, he was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter.''

"He got a State funeral - do all football players get a State funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?''
    That being said, he went about it the wrong way and pretty much deserves all the crap that is going to come his way over this just for being stupid enough to say it the way he did

FWIW i don't know everything that Stynes did, maybe he does deserve a state funeral, i don't know, i just believe that there would be many people more deserving of state funerals for work they have done with communities/humanity whatever that don't receive anywhere near this recognition because they aren't/weren't a famous footballer.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Not 100% sure what he achieves by making these comments?

I have seen the previews for Celebrity Apprentice with Aker wearing our old jumper (with robo dog)

Wish he would ditch our jumper and put on the old Lions jumper that he was successful in

Dont want our club being associated in anyway with him
    Last edited by BulldogBelle; 22-03-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about Aker as usual.

Make a headline grabbing remark with abhorrent timing so everyone remembers that he exists.

No class.

Don't defend him. You can't possibly.

Jim Stynes' cancer battle and subsequent death has had an enormous impact on the State. We don't need to be debating whether or not he should get a state funeral - is there a certain number of boxes that need to be ticked? Do we look back and evaluate whether EJ should have gotten a State funeral?

I can't begin to imagine what goes through Aker's mind.

"Oh but its refreshing, in this day and age - that someone speaks their mind". Give me a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Not defending him, if he didnt like him just keep your mouth shut while people mourn him. However its true there is a touch of that Chaser sketch-When people die, they never did anything wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought for a while that Aker really did have a screw loose. Now I know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it just confirms what a seriously mis-guided individual he is. Aka you have crap timing ........ And not many brains!

Post Thanks / Like

Good old Aker, just continues to make friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god. Really, Aker? Really?

Post Thanks / Like

More of the same. It's unbelievable so many of our supporters took his side against Eade, Smorgon, Rose, Johnson et al when there was obviously such a massive problem with his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we still care about that git?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently just been sacked by the radio station too.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Probably taken out of context .
    Just verifying his spot as the biggest moron that ever existed.