Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason Akermanis attacks late Jim Stynes saying he was a 'nasty man'

Yeah, I love that. 'taken out of context'.
    It was a long, considered relaxed interview Aker gave.
    Now he's blaming his daughter as well, saying he was under pressure and had to get her to creche.

At least people who were saying the Bulldogs treated Aker badly might finally get it.
    He's toxic. And he can't stop himself.

Post Thanks / Like

From now on, I just ignore anything with Jason Akermanis in it. The guy is anti social.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Akermanis has made the Jim Stynes story all about Akermanis. That is how he rolls. Plenty of people were prepared to pot Brisbane when they sacked him (I stand guilty as charged on that score). Plenty of people did likewise when we sacked him. Even today there are mindless acolytes that are fervently justifying his actions and words from earlier today. The words are actually irrelevent, as is the discussion about whether Stynes deserves a state funeral. Akermanis weighed into this discussion purely to feed his burning desire for attention, of which he hasn't had too much lately since being thrown onto the MTR scrapheap. Using the tragic and premature demise of a wonderful life lived to its fullest to get some cheap and nasty publicity is a reflection of the Akermanis modus operandi.

I'm very much looking forward to his new best mate and fellow MTR scrapheap victim Sam Newman vigorously defend him tonight on TFS in front of Garry Lyon. I suspect that this 'friendship' will last shorter than any of Newman's marriages.

Post Thanks / Like

Aker has serious problems. Making his so called living from putting down others and badmouthing people is bound to catch up to you, and whilst we at the Bulldogs have spurned him for some time, he's finally managed to seriously p*** off the footy community as a whole. Just shows his lack of understanding of what Jim Stynes has done outside of football and the impact he's had on so many people lives. Also very disrespectful of the family that is still in mourning and preparing for the funeral.

Post Thanks / Like

Came out on the News tonight and apologised for what he said. But as usual, didn't think before he spoke and then he has to apologise.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Only apologised because of the backlash he has received. So transparent, Aker!!

Post Thanks / Like

He was once again hunting a headline and simply picked the wrong target.
    He's behaved in a disgraceful manner and should be ashamed that his comments have hurt the family. Any company that puts him on air is doing themselves no favors.

He's a smart guy but far to intent on trying to place himself in the spotlight at the expense of others. I'm sick of him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Derryn Hinch's editorial on his website about him was quite interesting, here's the link..

It starts off with.....What a pig of a man.

An Arrogant Ackermaniac

He did wrong today - it won't be forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    I don't like Aker and the way he said it was wrong, calling him a "nasty man" was stupid and insensitive but i think this part of his statement was the point he was trying to make and i kind of agree

That being said, he went about it the wrong way and pretty much deserves all the crap that is going to come his way over this just for being stupid enough to say it the way he did

FWIW i don't know everything that Stynes did, maybe he does deserve a state funeral, i don't know, i just believe that there would be many people more deserving of state funerals for work they have done with communities/humanity whatever that don't receive anywhere near this recognition because they aren't/weren't a famous footballer.
    He has been named Victorian of the year and Melbournian of the year.

I think once you are recognised twice by your state a state funeral is OK. He was also given an Order of Australia. These awards don't even take into consideration his quite public battle with cancer and the emotional roller coaster this state went through with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He was once again hunting a headline and simply picked the wrong target.
    He's behaved in a disgraceful manner and should be ashamed that his comments have hurt the family. Any company that puts him on air is doing themselves no favors.

He's a smart guy but far to intent on trying to place himself in the spotlight at the expense of others. I'm sick of him.
    I would be interested to know if you've read any of his books?

His first book was given to me as a present by my father. I read it, even though I can't stand sporting bio's (Jesus I wish my father and I talked on a deeper level in those days to avoid such shocking gift exchanges, but that's another story that should probably reserved for another web site that offers a virtual couch ).

Aker is a man with moderate intelligence, although none of the emotional kind. He is not smart, in fact he is completely ignorant towards any topic that does not involve him receiving some form of gratification coupled with an endorphin release.

You're right that he has behaved in a disgraceful manner. If anything positive can out of his comments it's that he is one step closer to retreating into oblivion. Society doesn't need people like Aker commenting on social matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I just ignore anything with Jason Akermanis in it. .
    Except for threads about Aker?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    .........from now on! ( LOL ) promise!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HairyMidget

I didnt see any point to this thread until this.....GOLD!!
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

One word explain to explain Aker - TWAT!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Yeah, I love that. 'taken out of context'.
    It was a long, considered relaxed interview Aker gave.
    Now he's blaming his daughter as well, saying he was under pressure and had to get her to creche.

At least people who were saying the Bulldogs treated Aker badly might finally get it.
    He's toxic. And he can't stop himself.
    There is no such thing as taken out of contaxt in ragards to Jason, everytime he speaks, it's a complete open book, it's all black and white, it's as clear as day, so i wasn't sure where he was coming from there.

He was on radio up here in Brisbane a few weeks back speaking with Jules Lund on B105, he came out with all that garbage of being taken out of context blah blah, by the end of it he was all apologetic, saying what he said was shit, so to completly change his tune midway through a radio interview says it all really.

Jules at the end of it told him to really keep his head down for quite some time, Aker was a complete shell of himself by the end of it, Aker really has alot of issues, he's just not normal.