Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 1 - GWS v Sydney

Well, I for one have been hanging out for the season to start and will watch tonight's match with interest, although I expect it to be demolition.

I believe 17 first gamers for GWS, so will be good to see how their kids look in their first official game. Not sure I'm looking forward to seeing Ward run around for them, but will surely be thinking 'what if' every time he does something good.

My tip, Swans by 76.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1 - GWS v Sydney

Interested to see that Sam Reid couldn't crack the 22. Expect to be switching around half time.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

You know footy is back when the goal posts go up at the MCG. Tonights match will be 'significant' of course as this is GWS's first game in the home and away season. Sydney will win and win quite comfortably. I think GWS might get a reality check tonight as did Gold Coast in there first game against Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I believe 17 first gamers for GWS, so will be good to see how their kids look in their first official game.
    David King said during the week, don't look at the score board, just watch the kids to see how they perform as its a glimpse to the future. They will be very good in about 3 to 4 years time but in the meantime expect a thrashing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    David King said during the week, don't look at the score board, just watch the kids to see how they perform as its a glimpse to the future. They will be very good in about 3 to 4 years time but in the meantime expect a thrashing.
    Have no doubt the AFL are going to fix it so they sit at the top in 3-4 years.
    Isreal Folau, a guy used to being a part of dominant player groups may not be able to handle the crushing losses and keep his dignity intact ( owing to his poor skills ). A good chance he gets reported in a major way this season, trying to take someone out.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 24-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Have no doubt the AFL are going to fix it so they sit at the top in 3-4 years.
    Isreal Folau, a guy used to being a part of dominant player groups may not be able to handle the crushing losses and keep his dignity intact ( owing to his poor skills ). A good chance he gets reported in a major way this season, trying to take someone out.
    Your a bit hard on Izzy, I think he will be ok, he looks and seems a pretty relaxed person to me just learning everytime he goes out there.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Your a bit hard on Izzy, I think he will be ok, he looks and seems a pretty relaxed person to me just learning everytime he goes out there.
    Sure he's relaxed. He's an elite athlete.
    In the ruck he does well. Watching it now.
    But he's very easily out positioned, even by much smaller players
    Seen it several times tonight.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

GWS not doing as bad as I thought but there is still another half of footy and Sydney have a comfortable lead.

Post Thanks / Like

John Patton is a monster.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Just emphasizing tonight what a joke the Compo pick was..

Post Thanks / Like

Callan Ward reminding us just how good he is and Andrejs Everitt reminding us just how shithouse he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure he's relaxed. He's an elite athlete.
    In the ruck he does well. Watching it now.
    But he's very easily out positioned, even by much smaller players
    Seen it several times tonight.
    I am not doubting that but i dont see him losing his temper.
    His reports so far have been nothing in the aggravated mode and i dont see him getting his dignity affected
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We should remember that Izzy played Rugby League of course and that he is still learning Aussie Rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I am not doubting that but i dont see him losing his temper.
    His reports so far have been nothing in the aggravated mode and i dont see him getting his dignity affected
    Luke Darcy thinks Israel Folau, just 22, may return to rugby league after his current contract with the Giants is completed.

How amazing is Adam Goodes. At his age, still monstering the opposition and outrunning most on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Luke Darcy thinks Israel Folau, just 22, may return to rugby league after his current contract with the Giants is completed.

How amazing is Adam Goodes. At his age, still monstering the opposition and outrunning most on the field.
    They said that about Karmichael Hunt but he just signed a new contract.
    Luke Darcy can think what he likes doesnt make it true.
    Bring back the biff