Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 1 of 97 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

New Members

I have noticed that there seems to be an influx of new members to WOOF over recent weeks.

That's very encouraging & recognition should go out to go to the mods & regular contributors for setting up this site & keeping it functioning in a decent manner.

Welcome aboard newbies & hope you enjoy this site.

As long as it maintains it's high standards I'm sure you will.

Won't be that long till member #100 joins.

2. Thanks N/A, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Thanks Coon Dog from one newish type.
    It's good to be able to read intelligent discussion of Dogs and football related topics.
    I enjoy the fact that I can read through threads and learn things on this site. There's some very astute observations by people who are smarter football watchers than I. All free of the hysteria and histrionics that seem to be enveloping another site of which I won't speak. It's great to be on board. I hope to be able to contribute and also develop my own understanding of our team and the way we play.
    Who knows maybe one day I'll be able to step back a little when I'm watching us rather than being totally shall we say, emotional
    Cheers.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Only if we're going to be even minded ourselves and throw in a Cooney or Griffen to make the deal fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TCD, I like this site, although sometimes I don't like to post things incase I sound stupid...I'm used to being the only person who knows anything or cares about footy at school, so it's a bit weird.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to have a few new folk signing up. Southerncross, Dry Rot, Twodogs and myself try and contact all the new people with a welcome letter but it would be great if all the new folk would post something here first.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys want to find the old cards, ebay generally has different cards from the 70's & 80's for sale and some have a picture that you can save down to your own machine, then upload back onto the website.

It certainly bought back all those memories of being a kid and heading off down the shoop with 20cents to buy a pack.
    Chewing the gum on the way home and checking which ones you had & which ones you could swap or use in the old "flicks" game against the wall to hopefully win some more cards off other kids.

Post Thanks / Like

As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
    Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
    Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy-Doo View Post
    As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
    Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
    Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.
    Welcome DD. Look forward to your contributions.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

'Hi my names Beuts2blame. I like jazz music and walks on the beach.'

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually going to wait until somebody guessed what it was

But i should stress now, i don't actually believe in the things this symbol stands for, i just had a picture of it on my comp that was avatar size

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beuts2Blame View Post
    Note - Interesting fact, did you know that the Japanese have a word for the that sound! As in its own word, not just 'crashing waves on the shore' but '*insert word here*. Well at least i find that quite interesting.
    Is that like Innuit Eskimos having 31 different words for snow & ice, due to their natural environment?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Is that like Innuit Eskimos having 31 different words for snow & ice, due to their natural environment?

Being a Bulldog supporter, my natural envoiroment has provided me with about fifty different ways of expressing frustration.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Being a Bulldog supporter, my natural envoiroment has provided me with about fifty different ways of expressing frustration.
    I reckon I've heard about 20 of them aimed at Adrian Anderson and 'Napoleon Dynamite' while playing RecFooty.

Post Thanks / Like

Long time listener first time caller.Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Long time listener first time caller.Looking forward to chatting with everyone.
    Dogs 24/7, welcome to WOOF!