Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Reminds me of after the final siren in 2016 when Sockeyes young Pup (around 10 yrs old) was jumping up and down yelling, " this is so amazing, I've been waiting all my life for this."

Welcome aboard Boots.
    Now there's a coincidence. I'd been waiting all my life too!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Welcome aboard Boots. Always room on the tricolour bandwagon on one condition. Once you get on, you stay on through thick and thin.

So you arrive in Melbourne in January 2016? That 9 month wait for a premiership must have been pure hell!
    I'm in it for the long haul - looking forward to premiership #3 when I'm 100!!

The win in my first season as a supporter gave me some reeeeeally unrealistic expectations abotu seasons 2017 and 2018... Still re-calibrating!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I'm in it for the long haul - looking forward to premiership #3 when I'm 100!!

The win in my first season as a supporter gave me some reeeeeally unrealistic expectations abotu seasons 2017 and 2018... Still re-calibrating!
    Nice to see a 99 year old joining WOOF

Welcome and hope to see you contribute.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Boots, KT31, HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    jenc Guest

Hiiiie! I'm the newbie Will keep it simple: I'm a graphic designer, love soccer, archery, and photography. Weird combination, I know... anyway, happy to be here!
    Last edited by jenc; 30-12-2020 at 03:32 AM.

7. Likes Eastdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Hiiiie! I'm the newbie Will keep it simple: I'm a graphic designer, love soccer, archery, and photography. Weird combination, I know... anyway, happy to be here!
    Welcome aboard, and hope to see you contribute. Go Dogs!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

San Francisco? Expat or convert?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome jenc.

My son is a graphic designer & l quite like soccer too. And we both support the dogs so triple snap!!

Quite like photography exhibitions although I would not know my f stops from my elbow.

Archery is unusual. I think there is a place out Balwyn way that I’ve seen that’s an archery club, might have been one near Victoria Uni Footscray grounds too.

How long have you followed the doggies?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Woof jenc. I hope you enjoy the forum discussing all things Bulldogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... just doing my little bit on WOOF and noticed there were 7 members and "151" guests gazing on the best footy site in town. Now if we could only convince a percentage of those 151 guests to join up and contribute.....only if you are a doggie fan of course....it would be good effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Wow.... just doing my little bit on WOOF and noticed there were 7 members and "151" guests gazing on the best footy site in town. Now if we could only convince a percentage of those 151 guests to join up and contribute.....only if you are a doggie fan of course....it would be good effort.
    They're mostly all newscorp "jernalists" B4L. I wouldn't want them.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but 99% of the guests are Bots that scan the site not genuine people.

I'd love to be getting as little as 2 or 3 genuine new members each week.
    I suspect a drive on Twitter once the season gets closer by our existing members might assist in that endeavour
    Linking some of the better WOOF discussions on Twitter might get a few more people interesting in joining up
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble but 99% of the guests are Bots that scan the site not genuine people.
    That's the same thing I said.
    "It's over. It's all over."

17. Likes GVGjr, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect a drive on Twitter once the season gets closer by our existing members might assist in that endeavour
    Linking some of the better WOOF discussions on Twitter might get a few more people interesting in joining up
    Thanks G. Yes seemed like a bloody lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I follow a number of doggie supporters on twitter and vice versa so as we get closer to the season I will mention WOOF G.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys. I’m a new member! Joined because I’m frustrated at the lack of info on Dogs website and social media esp about our VFL team. Basically resorting to getting info from Big Footy. Discovered Woof from there. Cheers Threedogs

21. Likes GVGjr, Eastdog, josie liked this post