Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

New Members

I have noticed that there seems to be an influx of new members to WOOF over recent weeks.

That's very encouraging & recognition should go out to go to the mods & regular contributors for setting up this site & keeping it functioning in a decent manner.

Welcome aboard newbies & hope you enjoy this site.

As long as it maintains it's high standards I'm sure you will.

Won't be that long till member #100 joins.

2. Thanks N/A, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Thanks Coon Dog from one newish type.
    It's good to be able to read intelligent discussion of Dogs and football related topics.
    I enjoy the fact that I can read through threads and learn things on this site. There's some very astute observations by people who are smarter football watchers than I. All free of the hysteria and histrionics that seem to be enveloping another site of which I won't speak. It's great to be on board. I hope to be able to contribute and also develop my own understanding of our team and the way we play.
    Who knows maybe one day I'll be able to step back a little when I'm watching us rather than being totally shall we say, emotional
    Cheers.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Only if we're going to be even minded ourselves and throw in a Cooney or Griffen to make the deal fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TCD, I like this site, although sometimes I don't like to post things incase I sound stupid...I'm used to being the only person who knows anything or cares about footy at school, so it's a bit weird.

Post Thanks / Like

It's great to have a few new folk signing up. Southerncross, Dry Rot, Twodogs and myself try and contact all the new people with a welcome letter but it would be great if all the new folk would post something here first.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Big H Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's great to have a few new folk signing up. Southerncross, Dry Rot, Twodogs and myself try and contact all the new people with a welcome letter but it would be great if all the new folk would post something here first.
    Well has Big Will done enough to get back in???

I think so.

Big H

Post Thanks / Like

If you guys want to find the old cards, ebay generally has different cards from the 70's & 80's for sale and some have a picture that you can save down to your own machine, then upload back onto the website.

It certainly bought back all those memories of being a kid and heading off down the shoop with 20cents to buy a pack.
    Chewing the gum on the way home and checking which ones you had & which ones you could swap or use in the old "flicks" game against the wall to hopefully win some more cards off other kids.

Markland Guest

To be a bulldog supporter, you have to be an eternal optimist, it probably helps me in other areas of my life. The optimism carries over and helps achieve other things. We have to look at the glass half full, to keep on going and stay loyal.

Post Thanks / Like

As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
    Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
    Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy-Doo View Post
    As a newbie, it's great to jump on board.
    Have read with interest a few sites, but none measure up to this site.
    Good subject matter, constructive, no bitching, no simulated swearing (not a prued - but all ages access these sites), and most of all, we're all wanting 'success' for the 'Dogs'.
    Welcome DD. Look forward to your contributions.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Coon dog
    Hey its me the old primary school and ex opening partner in cricket, finally got to register but im a bit computer illiterate on this site so will have to surf it a while and get the hang of it! Did i make it 100???

Post Thanks / Like

G'day, just found this thread (at the top of the page) but been so excited about Bulldog news these past weeks only just got around to posting here. I'm John and live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, Bulldog supporter for 36 years as I was born in Footscray and Dad and his four brothers all Bulldogs. Really love the forum and the points of view from all you Bulldog fans so thanks for the initial welcome GVGjr. All the best and Dogs for Premiers 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick word or two to let you all know that the Mohawk Man (daDruid has parted ways with the club after unsavoury treatment at Sons of the West night. Invited onto the stage by the MC then thrown out like a common piece of litter. The way my jacket was thrown at me, has scarred me both mentally and emotionally. So disgusted at my treatment that I have returned my membership (front row seat!). I wish you all well.

Respectfully. DaDruid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaDruid View Post
    Just a quick word or two to let you all know that the Mohawk Man (daDruid has parted ways with the club after unsavoury treatment at Sons of the West night. Invited onto the stage by the MC then thrown out like a common piece of litter. The way my jacket was thrown at me, has scarred me both mentally and emotionally. So disgusted at my treatment that I have returned my membership (front row seat!). I wish you all well.

Respectfully. DaDruid
    Never happy to hear us lose any bulldogs members. What exactly caused you to be thrown out? Were you on the sauce? Did a fight break out? Perhaps there was a misunderstanding? Care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, just joined yesterday after hearing of Tom Boyd joining Doggies. Looking forward to being a part of future discussions. Does anyone know if Bomber T has been approached to replace Macca?