Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthevalleyofthedog View Post
    Hello all just joined today after being "encouraged" on Twitter. Thought I better put up or shut up. Anyway, Doggies supporter since 97 (what timing ikr) after Fitzroy was terminated without mercy by the AFL. You could say I've suffered a bit. But I was there on that fabled day in 2016 so can no longer complain to the footy gods. Sadly my user name has been truncated a fraction but if you get the obscure pop culture reference you win a prize.

Also, I really hate Toby Greene. Just thought I'd get that off my chest.
    Welcome to WOOF. Look forward to reading your contributions. Go Dogs!
    Last edited by Eastdog; 21-06-2020 at 12:14 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all just joined today after being "encouraged" on Twitter. Thought I better put up or shut up. Anyway, Doggies supporter since 97 (what timing ikr) after Fitzroy was terminated without mercy by the AFL. You could say I've suffered a bit. But I was there on that fabled day in 2016 so can no longer complain to the footy gods. Sadly my user name has been truncated a fraction but if you get the obscure pop culture reference you win a prize.

Don't just join - hope you can contribute to discussion as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll fit in well here.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to WOOF. Jump into the game day thread tomorrow night and let errrr rip
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

A big welcome to newbie beyondthevalleyofthedogs-love the Russ Meyer film inspired moniker.

Not the reasonably good first film but the trashy second-yeah baby!! (I think I saw first a long time ago - based upon consensus review doubt I will watch the second one & it’s a musical - hmmmm, I might be tempted and it it only just missed out on being made in the swinging 60’s).

WOOF is great for insights and views in a respectful way. A few posters seem to have a little bit of access to inside knowledge too so that’s a bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all, thought I should introduce myself as a new WOOF member.

I'm a relative newbie to AFL, grew up in NSW as an NRL fan but lived in Melbourne from 2013-2018 and realised fairly quickly I needed an AFL team if I was going to be acknowledged and recognised as a member of the human race. Being the simple man I am, I chose the Bulldogs to be consistent with my long-time NRL team.

Reckon I now watch more AFL than NRL and never miss the Dogs. Love the game, still learning the nuances. Also love reading WOOF, it's nice to read such well informed and considered opinions - if you ever feel the tone of WOOF is dipping you can easily feel better by reading the cesspit that is the NRL Bulldogs forum (thekennel.net.au), your eyes will bleed after about 3 posts.

Anyway, happy to be on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard,
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigweber View Post

I'm a relative newbie to AFL, grew up in NSW as an NRL fan but lived in Melbourne from 2013-2018 and realised fairly quickly I needed an AFL team if I was going to be acknowledged and recognised as a member of the human race. Being the simple man I am, I chose the Bulldogs to be consistent with my long-time NRL team.

Reckon I now watch more AFL than NRL and never miss the Dogs. Love the game, still learning the nuances. Also love reading WOOF, it's nice to read such well informed and considered opinions - if you ever feel the tone of WOOF is dipping you can easily feel better by reading the cesspit that is the NRL Bulldogs forum (thekennel.net.au), your eyes will bleed after about 3 posts.

Nice to have you on board mate, are you back up in NSW now?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. You have chosen wisely!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigweber View Post

Great story welcome to the mad house looking forward to hearing from you.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure am, makes it hard to find someone to talk AFL to!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to WOOF craigweber. Enjoy the forum. Great win from us tonight.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Craigweber!!

Should Dogs make the finals you will have more chance of attending. Thinking optimistically please holler extra loud for all woofers if you do. Also if you go to matches in NSW or ACT make sure you boo extra loud when you attend GWS home matches - especially when Toby Greene is near the ball.

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Have enjoyed the various opinions and thoughtful debates on WOOF on and off for a number of years and thought it was about time I joined in. Looking forward to it!

17. Likes Eastdog, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCWB View Post
    Hello all. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Have enjoyed the various opinions and thoughtful debates on WOOF on and off for a number of years and thought it was about time I joined in. Looking forward to it!
    Welcome aboard RCWB, hope you become a regular contributor
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

19. Thanks N/A thanked for this post