Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    This was one I have.

Nice, TCD.
    Right footer I take it.

Tried to put an image on of myself but will have to work out how over the weekend.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Tried to put an image on of myself but will have to work out how over the weekend.
    How to post a pic
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you TCD.

Post Thanks / Like

One of me with leather stops.

Thanks TCD , with our help I managed to work it out.
    Last edited by KT31; 06-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

geez KT, you have filled out a bit since then !!

KT introduced me to this site & i am loving the honestly and lack of drivel that BF oozed.
    looking forward to that lifelong dream year !
    now, off to dig up some old photos!
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGentStand View Post
    geez KT, you have filled out a bit since then !!
    I think he's saying you're a fat bastard KT, but I already knew that, SS told me.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    The reason I have joined is because the bulldog game plan has not changed over the past 3-4 years. I have been reading this site for a few years now but have never posted.

I hate to start on a negative but here goes.

I was stunned in round one when the whole summer had been about the forward press and frontal pressure that the bulldogs were again inept in these areas. Our zone basically gives up an easy first possession to the opposition with greater importance on creating a contest on the second possession which basically gives up the opportunity to get the ball back until the wing. The whole point of a press is to force the kicker to kick long to a contest which gives you a 50/50 chance of keeping the ball in your forward line. It was embarrassing to see Collingwood walk the ball out of our defence on the weekend while Murphy was forced to kick wide and long. The only reason I can think of eade playing such a high press is that he is worried the ball getting over the top of the initial zone which will expose our lack of gut running and accountability of the majority of our team on the fast break.

The next major issue is our forward line structure in which eade forces players way to high which makes its extremely difficult to score goals. This structure is deployed in finals and against the good sides during the regular season. It was deployed on the weekend after a deep forward line structure got us a 3goal to 1 lead. When we started to struggle to get the ball in defence, the forward line is forced up the ground to provide further options, which actually creates more pressure on the ball carrier as there is maybe one player forward of the centre to aim for. I really believe it has a big impact on the players as they tend to go back into their shells and there belief drops dramatically. During the period of the high forwardline on the weekend we looked no chance of kicking a goal at all untill we got lucky on the fast break via glilbee and sherman. I have noticed in finals that we tend to go back to the deeper structure way too late in the game when we have so called nothing to loose... Unfortunately in the majority of occasions we have already lost!!!!
    Eade we must have the discipline to hold at least 2 players in the forward 50 on the majority!!!!! Make the opposition worry about us for a change! I gaurentee the defender will man them up.

The 3rd major issue is the performance of the senior group in the big games. Too often do the match committee drop fringe players such as hill and addison after losses in which players such as COONEY, GIA,MURPHY, BOYD, GILLBEE, HARGRAVE have failed to make an impact. On the weekend Cooney played probally his worst game for the footbal club. His body language and his lack of interest at the contest was disgraceful yet eade actually said he was pleased with his performances over the past few weeks??????????? Does anyone on here believe he played well in the fremantle game aswell???? I'm praying that his knee is causing problems cause I'm loosing faith.

I thank EADE for his for efforts as this will be his final year as coach. The club has gone forward in leaps and bounds over the past few years off the feild but it is time for a change on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Eade we must have the discipline to hold at least 2 players in the forward 50 on the majority!!!!! Make the opposition worry about us for a change! I gaurentee the defender will man them up.
    I betcha that they don't. If the players aren't in dangerous spots, the opponents will press up...that is how footy is played now.

If we roll the dice and keep forwards inside 50, are you happy for the opposition backs to impact the game through the corridor?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    The reason I have joined is because the bulldog game plan has not changed over the past 3-4 years. I have been reading this site for a few years now but have never posted.

I was stunned in round one when the whole summer had been about the forward press and frontal pressure that the bulldogs were again inept in these areas. Our zone basically gives up an easy first possession to the opposition with greater importance on creating a contest on the second possession which basically gives up the opportunity to get the ball back until the wing. The whole point of a press is to force the kicker to kick long to a contest which gives you a 50/50 chance of keeping the ball in your forward line. It was embarrassing to see Collingwood walk the ball out of our defence on the weekend while Murphy was forced to kick wide and long. The only reason I can think of eade playing such a high press is that he is worried the ball getting over the top of the initial zone which will expose our lack of gut running and accountability of the majority of our team on the fast break.

The next major issue is our forward line structure in which eade forces players way to high which makes its extremely difficult to score goals. This structure is deployed in finals and against the good sides during the regular season. It was deployed on the weekend after a deep forward line structure got us a 3goal to 1 lead. When we started to struggle to get the ball in defence, the forward line is forced up the ground to provide further options, which actually creates more pressure on the ball carrier as there is maybe one player forward of the centre to aim for. I really believe it has a big impact on the players as they tend to go back into their shells and there belief drops dramatically. During the period of the high forwardline on the weekend we looked no chance of kicking a goal at all untill we got lucky on the fast break via glilbee and sherman. I have noticed in finals that we tend to go back to the deeper structure way too late in the game when we have so called nothing to loose... Unfortunately in the majority of occasions we have already lost!!!!

The 3rd major issue is the performance of the senior group in the big games. Too often do the match committee drop fringe players such as hill and addison after losses in which players such as COONEY, GIA,MURPHY, BOYD, GILLBEE, HARGRAVE have failed to make an impact. On the weekend Cooney played probally his worst game for the footbal club. His body language and his lack of interest at the contest was disgraceful yet eade actually said he was pleased with his performances over the past few weeks??????????? Does anyone on here believe he played well in the fremantle game aswell???? I'm praying that his knee is causing problems cause I'm loosing faith.

I thank EADE for his for efforts as this will be his final year as coach. The club has gone forward in leaps and bounds over the past few years off the feild but it is time for a change on it.
    Lets get this straight, you joined this forum so you could post this tripe.
    Hope this is your one and only post.
    There are other forums that you are better suited to.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

This is a welcoming forum and not a area to vent your frustrations, but I suspect you already know that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, My name is Danny and I am new to this forum.

I may not contribute as much as some earlier posts and I may not know as much as a lot of members on this forum, but I have joined because I have been following the dogs since I was 9 years old with my bulldogs football and shirt and that passion that just hits you 1 day, well, It sort of just hit me

hope to learn a lot from you guys and hope to contribute to this forum.

regards

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post

I may not contribute as much as some earlier posts and I may not know as much as a lot of members on this forum, but I have joined because I have been following the dogs since I was 9 years old with my bulldogs football and shirt and that passion that just hits you 1 day, well, It sort of just hit me

regards

Danny
    Welcome aboard mate.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post

regards

Danny
    Nice first post Danny. Good to have you here. Look forward to hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a few new members lately. Welcome all. I really enjoy this site. It is great to get different views and insights without all the bravado and extreme statements.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

I'm new to this site. Just stumbled across it yesterday and have to say im thrilled for a discussion forum dedicated to the doggies. Its nice to know there is a place to come and voice concerns/delights about the doggies and that we don't have to suffer alone! (ie 1997 and 2008 Prelim finals). I've been a fan ever since i was born. I'm a dogs fan through inheritance and live and breathe the club through thick and thin. Greatest victory as a dogs fan would have to be beating Essendon in rd 20 in 2000 to ensure they didn't go undefeated (sounds a little sad that that is my greatest victory witnessed). Most heartbreaking loss would be the 97 prelim. Got a lot of hope in the next few years which is good so we just need to keep all the boys together! Go Dogs!
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 19-05-2011 at 09:08 AM.