Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 17 of 97 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Lets get this straight, you joined this forum so you could post this tripe.
    Hope this is your one and only post.
    There are other forums that you are better suited to.
    Tripe? Truth hurts dosen't it?

I'm hurting after todays loss even though the writing had been on the wall all season.

WB4Life Guest

Hi to all, i've been a bulldogs supporter since i started watching football, braking the family tradition of following melbourne, i bleed Red, White and Blue, and have been there thru the good times and Bad, i've even shed a tear at games (97 prelim and EJ's lap before the state of origin), I jsut hope to see our boys play in the big one in my life time.

i'm not big on Bagging players or the team, i'd much rather dicuss positive ways to improve the season. In saying that we are in some real trouble at the moment, but turing on everyone isn't going to be the answer.

Looking forward to dicussing our boys with you all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WB4Life View Post
    Hi to all, i've been a bulldogs supporter since i started watching football, braking the family tradition of following melbourne, i bleed Red, White and Blue, and have been there thru the good times and Bad, i've even shed a tear at games (97 prelim and EJ's lap before the state of origin), I jsut hope to see our boys play in the big one in my life time.

i'm not big on Bagging players or the team, i'd much rather dicuss positive ways to improve the season. In saying that we are in some real trouble at the moment, but turing on everyone isn't going to be the answer.

Cheers WB4Fife, welcome, hope you can contribute & look forward to it.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WB4Life View Post

Welcome, you better get used to some critique of players, generally within reason. If you are going to get all defensive (like your 2nd post) you will be disappointed with a number of knowledgable posters

Post Thanks / Like

Welcom WB4Life. Great to see your passion coming through. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on WOOF you will be called on your opinions if people disagree. Stick to your guns and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Welcom WB4Life. Great to see your passion coming through. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but on WOOF you will be called on your opinions if people disagree. Stick to your guns and enjoy!
    That's just not right!

You'll be more likely to be challenged with a bold sweeping statement without backing it up than if you can justify why you have a particular point of view.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

TCD, I thought when I wrote that it might be interpreted the wrong way.

I actually meant that in a good way. I believe it is a healthy forum for the very reason that you cannot shoot your mouth off without being challenged.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Meshe, you're not the only one with a soft spot for Murph on this forum, lots of love for the boy round here!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Snoop.

WOOF really is a great site. Enjoy.

Dan B Ham Guest

Hi Everyone,

I've been a loyal Bulldog for 30 years now and will be for the rest of my life. I'm a graphic designer by day and couch potato by night.

I would just like to say a big thank you for creating this website and I look forward to taking part in this great community in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan B Ham View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I've been a loyal Bulldog for 30 years now and will be for the rest of my life. I'm a graphic designer by day and couch potato by night.

I would just like to say a big thank you for creating this website and I look forward to taking part in this great community in the future.
    Welcome to WOOF Dan B Ham, great to have you onboard! Have a wander around, plenty to read and contribute to.

Post Thanks / Like

Bitter anarchist joins WOOF

I am new to the forum and thought I’d introduce myself.

I used to support Fitzroy before they were taken over by the AFL in that communist putsch take over. It was a totally immoral and disgusting affair. If I ever run into Ross Oakley there will be little stopping me from starting a brawl with him. He could easily have fulfilled the members wishes and made a North Melbourne-Fitzroy merger take place. Instead he did what no members wanted but the AFL said was in its interests. Beware fellow Doggies, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Some of my fondest memories were watching the Roys in their final year at Whitten Oval with the tiny but 100% passionate crowds. I remember our last victory against Freo and the crowds spilling onto the ground as the bouncers looked on without the will or power to stop us. Even though there were a handful of supporters at the ground, the fervor and passion of that one win has eclipsed anything I have seen in football since.

After the takeover I thought about which team to follow and I picked the Dogs. Why? Because they were despised and located in the unfashionable west, not to mention that I loved the Whitten Oval. I think people who barrack for teams like Collingwood are psychologically weak pilics. It’s obvious a team with such a large supporter base is going to win flags. What sort of toughness does it show to support a team like that? And the crap I hear about Mick Malthouse. The question isn’t whether they are a good team. The question is why with 3 times the spending of other AFL clubs they haven’t won more flags in the past 10 years???

I remember as a kid when football teams used to represent their suburb. The west used to scare me back then. But with the draft character seems to have been lost from the game and I am not sure who the WB’s represent now. I still romanticise that’s it some rough nut blue collar working bloke when I see Barry get ruffled and try to forget he came from two other teams.

That’s a bit about me. As you can seem I'm a bitter anarchist a heart.

Go Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bitter anarchist joins WOOF

Quote Originally Posted by PedroArvy View Post
    I still romanticise that’s it some rough nut blue collar working bloke when I see Barry get ruffled and try to forget he came from two other teams.

That’s a bit about me. As you can seem I'm a bitter anarchist a heart.

Go Dogs!
    He IS a roughnut blue collar, working bloke. He's very much that bloke you speak of. Broadford born and bred, supported the Dogs growing up.

Welcome to WOOF.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Good point. I remember him saying that now and also saying he's more a Dog than anything else which caused a bit of a stir amongst Swanies. There is justice in the universe after all.

Post Thanks / Like

G'day everyone. My name is Aaron, and been a Bulldogs supporter my whole life.
    Growing up with a household full of Geelong supporters was not a pleasent time in the 90's
    It's good to find somewhere where I can chat with fellow Doggies supporters.....
    Last edited by w3design; 06-09-2011 at 09:51 AM.