Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ipaidmy200in89 View Post
    I have not been here for sometime and got a friednly reminder this morning so i thought I best post a hello from me to all of you.
    Welcome back Ipaidmy200in89, look forward to reading your contributions and hello back!

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to post this at some point when I joined but obviously forgot but I'm Ruiner on BF. Try not to hold that against me...
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't know where to put this, but I just picked up Year of the Dogs on DVD for $10.
    I can't wait to watch it again...I'll spew up
    That and London Calling for $10 too, sweet.
    Last edited by The Underdog; 24-10-2007 at 02:19 PM. Reason: more than one dog
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, Just joined yesterday and another who was pointed into the "right direction" by The Coon Dog.

Read some great Posts here already.Looking forward to 2008! Go Doggies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Hi all, Just joined yesterday and another who was pointed into the "right direction" by The Coon Dog.

Read some great Posts here already.Looking forward to 2008! Go Doggies.
    Welcome aboard B4L & look forward to your contributions on here, where you opinions are at least respected...even if they are crap!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

About time I got the invite! Thanks, Carl.

Can't post more... I'm heading off to the finals of the Amateur World Boxing Championships which are being held here in Chicago. I guess I'm really desperate for watching sport, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post

Can't post more... I'm heading off to the finals of the Amateur World Boxing Championships which are being held here in Chicago. I guess I'm really desperate for watching sport, huh?

I recognise each of those words but the combination of them makes no sense to me. It's almost as if you are saying that's theres a point we could reach where there's too much sport.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Chicago 1, good to have another Cubs fan on here. My avatar was Alfonso Soriano for a while, he disappeared around game 3 of the D'backs series. Slightly later than in real life

Post Thanks / Like

G'day, I joined yesterday. For those who haven't made the connection I'm soupaman from Bigfooty (and various other forums).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    G'day, I joined yesterday. For those who haven't made the connection I'm soupaman from Bigfooty (and various other forums).
    Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Welcome Chicago 1, good to have another Cubs fan on here. My avatar was Alfonso Soriano for a while, he disappeared around game 3 of the D'backs series. Slightly later than in real life
    Next year is our year. I can feel it in my bones. Or maybe it's just the bloody cold weather.

Cubs Convention(in January) tickets go on sale Saturday over the Net. Getting one is almost like getting a World Series ticket. I haven't been to Wrigley in 43 days. Why do my two favourite sports have their seasons at the same time? The winter here is sooooo boring.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Is anyone else creeped out by Chicago1's picture?
    My avatar is actually animated but is too large for this site. I use it on an ex-pat's site.

Here's the original:

This was my Halloween avatar this year:
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Next year is our year. I can feel it in my bones. Or maybe it's just the bloody cold weather.

Cubs Convention(in January) tickets go on sale Saturday over the Net. Getting one is almost like getting a World Series ticket. I haven't been to Wrigley in 43 days. Why do my two favourite sports have their seasons at the same time? The winter here is sooooo boring.
    That's alright I've only been to Wrigley once, in 98. Sosa hit 3 homers against the Brewers. Kerry Wood was pitching, I think it was his first year and he was white hot. It was the year he struck out 20 against the Stro's. It was a good day to see the Cubs.
    I loved Chicago as a city too. Saw Wilco play a secret gig at Lounge Ax. Pulled at the House of Blues...
    Probably the wrong time to mention I follow the Lions in the NFL though
    (It started from a Barry Sanders love thing)

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd join the strength and sign up. I notice this site is quite a fan of mine with the footy card pic at the top of the page. I might have to scan that in as my avatar. I played with the tricolours as we were then known way back in the early 1900's and was once described as a 'positive lion in stamina and an artist at judgement.' We won a premiership in 1908, I'm hoping there might be a repeat in 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marmo View Post
    Thought I'd join the strength and sign up. I notice this site is quite a fan of mine with the footy card pic at the top of the page. I might have to scan that in as my avatar. I played with the tricolours as we were then known way back in the early 1900's and was once described as a 'positive lion in stamina and an artist at judgement.' We won a premiership in 1908, I'm hoping there might be a repeat in 2008!
    Good to see that they have broadband at your nursing home.

Welcome to WOOF Joe.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.