Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Marmo View Post
    Thought I'd join the strength and sign up. I notice this site is quite a fan of mine with the footy card pic at the top of the page. I might have to scan that in as my avatar. I played with the tricolours as we were then known way back in the early 1900's and was once described as a 'positive lion in stamina and an artist at judgement.' We won a premiership in 1908, I'm hoping there might be a repeat in 2008!
    Here you go Joe & welcome to WOOF. Incidently I went to school in Braybrook & one of the guys I went there with was named Joe Marmo. Tough boy too!

85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joe,

As DR wrote welcome aboard to WOOF. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact one of the Mods.

Don't worry about DR he is just jealous he doesn't have broadband at his nursing home.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of avatars, when I see a post from someone, it tends to make it easier for me to recall who it was that posted it by their avatar, so come one newbies, be creative & come up with an avatar, just to help me out, tho it's not compulsory, just nice, except Twodogs, whose is so big you have to look closely to find his post!

There are some here: Avatars
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

I have just joined thanks to the Coon Dog telling me about this site.

Good to see positive doggies fans here .... and a jolly good woofing to you all!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings all from sunny Adelaide, cheers for the invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard T&T. Hope you enjoy the site.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Our newest member is Esranit, odd name, that is until you read it backwards!

Big Will Guest

I am also new to WOOF. It's great to read all about the team, especially during the preseason, so a big thank you to those who attend training and keep us all updated

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if a few of the newbies could add their two bob's worth. At present most of the contributions are from about the same 25-30 people.

I know it's the off season & things can be a little dull, but if we all try to contribute it might not be as dull.

Obviously you don't have to, but it would sure be nice to read some different pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but why should anyone be deleted just because they aren't as active as others and who are you to suggest so?
    It's more that if they don't make a contribution (two months sounds about right) then they aren't really a member and they can just browse. It won't make a difference to them because they aren't replying. But I'm for letting them explain if they have been busy of something.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a process we follow that encourages our members into being contributors and from time to time we do clean up inactive accounts. It's well in hand.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    There is a process we follow that encourages our members into being contributors and from time to time we do clean up inactive accounts. It's well in hand.
    Thanks for that. I'd much rather have those 'inactive' members turn into 'active' members than have then deleted. I guess the ball's in their court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I would expect this forum to take care of that stuff easily. It's pretty well done

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Coon dog
    Hey its me the old primary school and ex opening partner in cricket, finally got to register but im a bit computer illiterate on this site so will have to surf it a while and get the hang of it! Did i make it 100???

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the new members. Your joining a great bunch of supporters here.