Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Has anyone seen the 3d seat viewer for members choosing their seats. Very impressive and realistic. Do other clubs have this?

Post Thanks / Like

G'day all

Looking forward to talk, debate everything Footscray.

Go Dogs!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to everyone. I already know a number of people who post on here, and some have encouraged me to register (especially a space travelling canine), so here i am. Go Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey if we advertise enough maybe we can compete with the bulldog membership! Are all people on this site members? im not yet but by friday night at Telstra i will be!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hey if we advertise enough maybe we can compete with the bulldog membership! Are all people on this site members? im not yet but by friday night at Telstra i will be!
    I thought we were rabid exclusionists trying to keep this an insular hidden society, holding ourselves to a higher standard and keeping our noses in the air above the waft of the tripe from other sites.
    Of course I got in, so you know, there's faults in every system...

Welcome Pembleton too, any reference that makes me think of Homicide- Life on the Streets can only be a good thing.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Melbourne native, lifetime doggies fan & member, occasional Bigfooty poster from a few years back, now living in Sydney and have joined after a chance meeting with DryRot at a pub watching the game last Friday night. The first Doggies supporter I have met in 20 months of Harbour City life!

GO DOGS!!!
    G'day and welcome! Show them Sydneysiders what real supporters look like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Melbourne native, lifetime doggies fan & member, occasional Bigfooty poster from a few years back, now living in Sydney and have joined after a chance meeting with DryRot at a pub watching the game last Friday night. The first Doggies supporter I have met in 20 months of Harbour City life!

GO DOGS!!!
    Welcome to WOOF Dogfather.

You'll find that the elite posters here are from Sydney.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the point how many members have we got on this site now , and welcome to everyone , its a cool site full of news and of course some humour and laughter, im enjoying it immensely and have even found an old mate who sadly supports Liverpool. Guess who??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Back to the point how many members have we got on this site now , and welcome to everyone , its a cool site full of news and of course some humour and laughter, im enjoying it immensely and have even found an old mate who sadly supports Liverpool. Guess who??
    Members: 153

Would love to know how this site started and how members have caught on. Maybe a history of the WOOF thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you.
    It's always the way.

I'll search the first threads for any info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Members: 153

Would love to know how this site started and how members have caught on. Maybe a history of the WOOF thread?
    One of the reason it caught on was people wanted a site where they could talk about the Bulldogs, exchange points of view, discuss issues etc... without being personally attacked.

I must say the mods here are so much better than those on BF!

Post Thanks / Like

G'day, just found this thread (at the top of the page) but been so excited about Bulldog news these past weeks only just got around to posting here. I'm John and live in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, Bulldog supporter for 36 years as I was born in Footscray and Dad and his four brothers all Bulldogs. Really love the forum and the points of view from all you Bulldog fans so thanks for the initial welcome GVGjr. All the best and Dogs for Premiers 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

I met someone famous on the weekend, the one and only CoonDog. Was great to meet you CoonDog, good bloke to boot!
    I have seen your face over the many years I have been going to the footy so you were not totally foreign to me.

Beast Guest

Hello WOOFers ... I am a new member. Having grown up in QLD, moving to Melbourne via Switzerland 12 years back, I'm a relative newcomer to AFL and have established a dogbond late in life. Because I'd long disdained spectator sport it was with some dismay that I found that my emotional state has become synchronized with the doggernaut. It commenced at Princes Park in the 90's where I had gone to inspect a game of AFL. The thing that I can recall is Nicky Winmar grabbing a ball from a seething mass of bodies near the goal, swerving, dodging and shooting it between the middle two sticks. It was impressive and exciting, although I didn't really understand what was going on. Most of the time, I still don't. It wasn't love at first sight - I flirted with other teams before becoming terminally obsessed with the only team that counts. For the past 3 years I've been a member and have attended most of the dog's home games. My favorites are the come-from-behind win over Adelaide in 06, the finals win against Collingwood in 06, and the St Kilda win Rd 3 08. Nowadays, my semi-psychotic attachment to the dogs is unconditional - win, lose or draw. If they're there for me, I'm there for them.

One last thing - I'd like to implore FDOTM to design a whacky T-shirt for us folk riding the doggernaut. Could it be sold/distributed by the club?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Beast & welcome

Great idea for FDOTM, tho he's too caught up in the world of the corporate high fliers, I doubt he's even got time for us folk (probably wouldn't even know we existed), but you're right, a WOOF t-shirt designed by his eminence appeals to me!