Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Hi Everyone. Been a regular reader for 10 odd years. Life long supporter. Grew up in Essex st. A walk to the ground, watching EJ, standing on the the VB cans of my father, a strategic mastermind who positioned us within the waft of the unique aroma of the E.J. stand dunnies. Still remember the best full back of the time, Dad of.. Dad of.., and the superb Johnny Jillard off the back flank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uninformed View Post
    Hi Everyone. Been a regular reader for 10 odd years. Life long supporter. Grew up in Essex st. A walk to the ground, watching EJ, standing on the the VB cans of my father, a strategic mastermind who positioned us within the waft of the unique aroma of the E.J. stand dunnies. Still remember the best full back of the time, Dad of.. Dad of.., and the superb Johnny Jillard off the back flank.
    It's great to have a long term supporter of the club and a long term follower of WOOF on the board so a big welcome. I guess you are talking about Dave the father of Luke and grandfather of Sam?

I didn't see a lot of him but he was a beautiful kick.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Uninformed thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone I came across woof and I thought it would be cool to join I am. A massive bulldog fan I am 16 years old and I enjoy the preseason updates

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's great to have a long term supporter of the club and a long term follower of WOOF on the board so a big welcome. I guess you are talking about Dave the father of Luke and grandfather of Sam?

I didn't see a lot of him but he was a beautiful kick.
    Indeed. The great Dave Darcy. Magnificent drop kick. (Wha...?) But good in all facets of the game. Geoff Southby-like marking fullback. Never beaten. Short by Luke standards, but a good key back size in the day.

6. Likes bornadog, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan View Post
    Hey everyone I came across woof and I thought it would be cool to join I am. A massive bulldog fan I am 16 years old and I enjoy the preseason updates
    You made it, Welcome
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks bulldogfan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. The great Dave Darcy. Magnificent drop kick. (Wha...?) But good in all facets of the game. Geoff Southby-like marking fullback. Never beaten. Short by Luke standards, but a good key back size in the day.
    Welcome aboard. Loved DD when I was growing up. I lived near the corner of Argyle st on Barkley and went to West Footscray Primary for a couple of years.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember standing on cans at the Geelong Road end and sliding down the rockwork on cardboard sheets. Life was good.

11. Likes Uninformed liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Welcome aboard. Loved DD when I was growing up. I lived near the corner of Argyle st on Barkley and went to West Footscray Primary for a couple of years.
    He had to defend a lot in those days. Never let us down though!

You were a bit closer to the ground than I. Did five years at your Alma Mater. 'Footscray West is the best' was our very imaginative chant in the day. Wanted to go on to Totty Tech. but parents had other plans.

13. Likes Stevo liked this post
    onetruedog Guest

Hi all - new member here, love reading the pre-season thread and excited for 2023!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onetruedog View Post
    Hi all - new member here, love reading the pre-season thread and excited for 2023!
    Welcome and don't be shy to contribute

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard One True Dog. It would be really appreciated if you joined in some of the discussions.

Post Thanks / Like

Take it from a slow starter that its well worth joining into the discussions. The draft and list management discussions in Oct and Nov and now the preseason since December have been enormous.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you throughout the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee WOOF has had a big off season. Plenty of new draftees, have we had any notable delistings or have some of us been traded out to Big Footy without our knowledge?

20. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Gee WOOF has had a big off season. Plenty of new draftees, have we had any notable delistings or have some of us been traded out to Big Footy without our knowledge?
    There is always a few stars that drop off from time to time but to balance things out we've also had a few returning members come back plus a nice influx of new members. The recruiting drive started back in when we were discussing the trade and draft periods but has accelerated with the preseason training discussions.